Greetings from SW17, London

Greeting wise forum members,

For the best part of 15 years or so my fat cheeks and tiny chin were buried beneath a beard before I had enough of the beard - the lure of soup and humous was too much and I ventured into unchartered territory, life with a bald face.

I used a combination of multi blade razors and disposables but a disdain of luminous synthetic nose burning shaving gel lead to picking up a stick of Palmolive soap, a Wilkinson brush and a Wilkinson Classic DE from a high street chemist formed the basis of my early stages of wet shaving.

The Wilkinson Brush fell apart after 7-9 months of use - the duration I have been wet shaving, and I only recently replaced it with a Omega boar and the ghastly nature of the Wilkinson Brush came apparent and I really question why it took so long to buy another brush as shortly after starting DE shaving I began to pick up a number of many other shaving goods since starting including
- Futur clone, MIC Tech clones
- 100 packs of Nacet, Perma Sharp, Astra & Voskhod
- 10 or so different soaps

My first months of DE shaving were often frustrating, bloody and occasionally pleasurable but I am pleased I persevered with it as an itchy face, ingrown hairs and bad facial skin are a distance memory and the multitude of different options make shaving a lot more interesting to the homogenous experience I had for a long time (disposables & gel - one of each).

I'm sure I will learn a great deal here and I hope I will be able to contribute something positive at some point!

Hello and welcome, it's good to have you with us

Hello there!..Welcome to TSR.. like the name!,, !.Named after a very inexpensive,but very good shaving soap..i chose my name after my favourite shave stick.Regards.

Thanks for the welcomes!

@invicta
The Wilkinson DE is ok. For a cheap & mild DE razor I prefer the Yingjili Tech which feels a bit flimsy but gives a better shave.

@Palmolive fox
I saw Donnie Darko again recently, and the title made me think of the Arko puck I have! I actually prefer Palmolive though but couldn't think of a pun related user name regarding it. Of the many shaving soaps I have tried, still the Palmolive shave stick is the one I find to be the easiest on my skin.

@thegallus1
Thank you, Captain Caveman was my patron saint in my years as an unkempt hairy beast. A great avatar for yourself as well Glenlivet make some fine single malts. My love for SM's surpasses pretty much everything else.

@newbie
Great avatar. I almost picked Beaker + Warburton Crumpet for mine here.