Green tip super speed???

Did super speeds ever come with green tips? I took a punt on a couple of razors. One I thought was a blue super speed and one that I thought was a red flare tip. After now putting them into a hot bath I think it could be dirt and mildew.

The paint certainly comes off in a ultrasonic.

I guess it's possible (quite likely) in boiling water too - especially if there are surface already is chipped.

I tend not to boil anything - just place in water @ 80 ish (with some Fairy) and allow to cool for a few days.

I guess that's just corrosion - you can actually see a bit of brass at the end.

The ends of the TTO's tend to wear more than the shaft due to usage.

Let it soak for a day & give it a hammering with a toothbrush.

Cheers HM

hunnymonster said:
Definitely a red flare tip.

The "blue"/"green" might have been painted by it's previous owner though - pretty sure that there wasn't a "non flare" blue (or indeed red) tip.

Is there a set red colour for the colour match?

SIRUSKEY said:
Cheers HM

hunnymonster said:
Definitely a red flare tip.

The "blue"/"green" might have been painted by it's previous owner though - pretty sure that there wasn't a "non flare" blue (or indeed red) tip.

Is there a set red colour for the colour match?

Humbrol 14ml Matt Wine enamel paint # 73, the colour is an exact match which is what i used on mine that was chipped and worn to buggery, however it is Matt and Gillette used a Gloss type on the red tips, so unless you get some sort of Varnish or Lacquer, there is another paint called Krylon Harvester Red that is glossy and an exact match, but alas only from the USA...failing that just get a Nail Varnish that matches.

Back
Top Bottom