Grating soaps

I've seen this mentioned a few times for putting soap sticks into bowls but wondered if it does anything to the soap's performance?
I have some MWF which has now fissured into two parts and was wondering about grating and compressing it to reform it.

If you use a grater instead of paring with a knife...use the coarsest grater you can find as they soon clog up with soap....shaving soap seems to be sticky stuff....

I bought a grater just to use with shaving soap ,them thought...WHY....its only soap after all...you wash cheese off the kitchen grater with soap anyway.....

I leave my hard soap and sticks as is and just cut a sliver off that I stick to the bottom of my lather bowl. That way the soap is alway in its original wrapper And i always know what the soap is and I only need one bowl for my rotation.

I did it to my MWF and mixed it with 1/3 of a palmolive stick as it was a PITA to lather here.

Works really well now. I aired the stick for a while so I still have the MWF scent. Post shave feeling is the same too.

I just slice a round off and stick it to the bottom of my 'non buffalo horn' bowl. The rest of the stick stays high and dry in it's original packaging. That way I know what they are!:)-)

Back
Top Bottom