Grating Palmolive sticks and...

Hi Fellas,

A few members have been grating their palmolive sticks and report they work better this way. I'm keen to do this and have just come back from the supermarket with a couple of sticks. Do I just use the normal, cheese grating side - The big round circles? I'm thinking the smaller circles/tear drops are better?

And, is there anything I can add to the 2 sticks that will up the performance a bit? Nothing extreme like grating a whole block of tabac in there. Just a little something? Perhaps add some essentil oil? or some cream? What works well?

Oh, and please take a look at my sales thread if there is anything you like from there.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3012</a><!-- l -->

Many thanks

RSJ

I cut the sticks in half and used a rotary grater like this,
cheese%20grater.jpg

Thank you everyone. I went a bit crazy.

Did half a palmolive stick, then about ~10g of Tabac, then ~10g of coconut oil and then the remaining half stick of palmolive. The coconut oil was very sticky and aggregated to form balls with tabac and palmolive around it. I did a stabbing motion with the knife to break the balls up. got a pestle out and made a puck shape out of it. Quite messy. cleaned up and added a few drops of arm water on the top. Then closed lid. The puck is about 1 inch in height and 3.5in in diameter. I reckon Tabac + Mitchell Wool Fat would be interesting.

I use a rotary grater just like above (don't tell SWMBO :twisted: )

I do a 50:50 mix of Palmolive and Erasmic (Tallow). This isn't difficult now as Erasmic appear to have gone back to the original tallow based formula. I find that the two scents work well together and the performance is better than the individual parts.

I tried an Erasmic with tallow but it was not any good for me. Seemed to be just like the one without tallow.

Anyone else think this too? might have to get another one to see

Back
Top Bottom