Grand Prix The Killer Years

Saw it at the time it was first on. I'm a member of a motorsport nostalgia forum, and their verdict was that it was a bit sensationalistic. I liked it, and motorsport safety history is one of my areas of particular interest.

I saw it too. Danger notwithstanding, the '60s cars were much prettier and the racing was more exciting than today's yawnfest.

chrisbell said:
Saw it at the time it was first on. I'm a member of a motorsport nostalgia forum, and their verdict was that it was a bit sensationalistic. I liked it, and motorsport safety history is one of my areas of particular interest.

I have watched F1 for years now, but I missed this first time round. I have a mixed opinion, yes some of the tracks were dangerous, but the drivers of the day knew the risks. It's certainly a safer sport especially for the spectators. I can't also see any drivers today getting out of their cars, and rushing to help someone, not that they would need to.

kt66 said:
I saw it too. Danger notwithstanding, the '60s cars were much prettier and the racing was more exciting than today's yawnfest.

The early attempts at wings were funny.

Northam Saint said:
chrisbell said:

I have watched F1 for years now, but I missed this first time round. I have a mixed opinion, yes some of the tracks were dangerous, but the drivers of the day knew the risks. It's certainly a safer sport especially for the spectators. I can't also see any drivers today getting out of their cars, and rushing to help someone, not that they would need to.

kt66 said:

The early attempts at wings were funny.

Nothing prettier than a Lotus 25 or Ferrari 312.:icon_cool:

Nothing prettier than a Lotus 25 or Ferrari 312.:icon_cool:

[/quote]

Totally agree with you all pretty cars, I love the Ferrari 156 Sharknose.
[/quote]

Yes; it shouldn't work aesthetically, but it does.

Back
Top Bottom