Google street view

Has anyone had a look at Google street view today? Virtually the whole of the UK was added today.

I can see the Simpsons brushes in Robert's shop window. :cool:

Pete said:
Has anyone had a look at Google street view today? Virtually the whole of the UK was added today.

I can see the Simpsons brushes in Robert's shop window. :cool:

Yes! I heard that this morning and discovered that my street is on there now. The photo looks like it was taken last summer but I suppose it took some time to add it all on...er...or something.

Best thing was that I almost got Mrs PC to believe that the view was in real time. For a split second she thought about going to the window and waving! :lol:

Another implication is that if anyone wishes to PIF me some shaving gear they will be able to look at what my house is like. You will be extremely surprised and intrigued by what you see, so I suggest that it's worth a few blades, razors or brushes just to find out. ;)

YES!

It's interesting whilst slighty disturbing.

From the front, my house has no car in the drive, from the back there is a car in the drive and washing out, so probably taken at different times.

Ian

Yup mine is on there now too.

Shame, its quite a nice picture of a time before the council came and ripped out all the shrubbery to replace it with something "more manageable" and also before my neighbours started letting their dog piss all over the grass out the front.

Flatfish said:
How do I get to see google street view?

On Google earth you have to enable the street view layer. Make sure your version is up to date.

It's on Google maps as well under more info.

There has been a significant update but it is really strange, on the overhead you can see my street has ground with no houses to the rear (actually down the hill), but when you go to street view you can see the houses that were built on this land about two years ago. So the satellite image is really old and the Street view is new. My street itself is still not on it, all the ones round about are but I guess the van didn't go right to the end of the road, it just stops half a mile from my house.

As I followed the route towards my house the local wino is captured heading back from the shops with daily purchase of cheap lagers, her face is blurred but in some way it looks better.

Audiolab said:
As I followed the route towards my house the local wino is captured heading back from the shops with daily purchase of cheap lagers, her face is blurred but in some way it looks better.

Only in Scotland eh

Back
Top Bottom