Good blade bank for 99p

I found this in my local Poundstretchers for 99p,its a money bank but has no bottom,its all metal and just has the slit in the top for coins so im using it as my blade bank,its massive and will take ages to fill up,its about 15cm high and 10cm across.
They had them in £10 notes and £20 but i went with the £50 obviously :lol:

BladeBank.jpg

Scorpio said:
I found this in my local Poundstretchers for 99p,its a money bank but has no bottom,its all metal and just has the slit in the top for coins so im using it as my blade bank,its massive and will take ages to fill up,its about 15cm high and 10cm across.
They had them in £10 notes and £20 but i went with the £50 obviously :lol:

BladeBank.jpg

I'm real sorry about this Scorpio, I guess I must be missing something here !! I use a glass jar for this job at the moment, but It's nice to know this is out there at not much money to buy. The thing that worries me a little though is that you say that it "has no bottom". Now that's interesting because you would never, ever fill it up,which would be enormous value for money! ...but on the other hand.... :?

..it's me is'nt it..yeah i knew it :lol:

Noooo it has a bottom to it,it just doesnt have one of those rubber type plugs that piggy banks have so you can get the money out,its just all metal with just the slit in the top to put your money in,so its perfect for a blade bank as when its full it can go in the metal recycle bin :D

Scorpio said:
Noooo it has a bottom to it,it just doesnt have one of those rubber type plugs that piggy banks have so you can get the money out,its just all metal with just the slit in the top to put your money in,so its perfect for a blade bank as when its full it can go in the metal recycle bin :D

..Oohh, right! I see where you are coming from now. There you are :D ...told you it was me :roll:

spandex.. :D

Audiolab said:
I have the exact same thing, only mine is a Disney "Cars" one. Much more manly.... :lol:

Damn i wish i had a Disney Cars one :( will have to make do with looking at the queens face :lol:

When I went in they had Michael Jackson, a disney based one, or a Chav-y Union Jack. Didn't get the disney one incase any kids mess about with it. And, didn't really want to deposit my blades into a dead person, so I got the flag one. Maybe I could put it in the window during the world cup?

Good point Sonny but thankfully no kids in my house anymore (apart from me) allows me to be more selfish, long lie in bed at the weekend and a 2 seater car in the drive cause I never have to give anyone a lift :cool:

Selfish I know but I have done my time and can change things to suit me and the missus.

Audiolab said:
Good point Sonny but thankfully no kids in my house anymore (apart from me) allows me to be more selfish, long lie in bed at the weekend and a 2 seater car in the drive cause I never have to give anyone a lift :cool:

Selfish I know but I have done my time and can change things to suit me and the missus.

Give me 25 years and I will be able to say the same!

I use an old jam jar with a slit cut in the top.

I like to see the jar fill up over time, albeit slowly as i've only being DE'ing for 6 months.

It's a Hartley jam jar, so a nice pleasing shape too.

At Poundland I picked up one of those huge (relatively speaking) coin banks with the footie-fans and their Englishness on-display re: impending cup thingie ...

• I stuck one of my Dr Who magnets around the slotted opening; it says: "Delete!"[/list:u]

No cartoony ones available otherwise, there or at the 99p Shop - just High School Musical whatever the popularity about that could possibly be, and Michael Jackson*, who I wouldn't own anything of/by while it was alive.

*Note: I won't discuss how much I wouldn't have minded seeing him be a depository for used 'sharps' before he died, but afterwards? Nah - that would only be useless corpse-mutilation, and that's just a lot of work to no good purpose! It's not like many, if any, of his organs could be good harvesting for donors or research, could they?)

Back
Top Bottom