Gold Dachs?

I have used it on and off. PIF'd by Frederick. It's very nice. I mention it and Fred comments back here:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2031&p=23971&hilit=dachs#p23971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2031&p=23971&hilit=dachs#p23971</a><!-- l -->

I PIF'd what I had remaining to Ollie a couple of weeks ago. I haven't heard what he thinks of it yet. Shhhh...don't tell him there's no tallow in it.

As far as buying some new, I looked around last year and it's actually very expensive, almost MdeC prices if I remember rightly. You have to order it from abroad, a European website.

I've used Dovo which is relabelled Gold Dachs, it's also available under the Rivivage name.
The normal soap is very similar in scent to Truefitt or Culmak and the lather is very good.
The sandelholz is a different scent i.e. sandalwood.

Used it this morning - it's nice, creamy, lathers easily "soapy" scent.

I like it - on the "white puck" front it's one up from Vergulde Hand, two up from Burma Shave. Seems softer than (e.g.) Tabac.

I like it but I wouldn't pay big bucks for it. I'll PIF it along if you want to give it a whirl. Seems to belong to the club after all!

Back
Top Bottom