Giphs

It would appear it has taken 7 months for this excellent news to sink in.
Knew this one would come in handy again.....
Robert Deniro GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

@Boab - is there a setting within the account preferences that would allow me to block the display of Giphs universally? I can do it individually via the browser but it is a pain. Thanks - I.

@Boycie83 - thanks, that works. For Chrome users - follow this link the Chrome Webstore -

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/animation-policy/ncigbofjfbodhkaffojakplpmnleeoee?hl=en

It is a wee bit clunky - you need to install an extension in the top bar - when you come to a page with animated content select the icon and make your choice - allow, allow animation to run once or block completely. If the latter is chosen you are left with a still image - which is fine for me, I can ignore that easily. It does not block links to YouTube. It seems to work on a top domain name basis - and works across the whole of the site and remembers your preference. This is the only place I see Gifs/Giphs - so that is pretty much the perfect solution for me.

@Boab

@Boycie83 - thanks, that works. For Chrome users - follow this link the Chrome Webstore -

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/animation-policy/ncigbofjfbodhkaffojakplpmnleeoee?hl=en

It is a wee bit clunky - you need to install an extension in the top bar - when you come to a page with animated content select the icon and make your choice - allow, allow animation to run once or block completely. If the latter is chosen you are left with a still image - which is fine for me, I can ignore that easily. It does not block links to YouTube. It seems to work on a top domain name basis - and works across the whole of the site and remembers your preference. This is the only place I see Gifs/Giphs - so that is pretty much the perfect solution for me.

@Boab
I was going to use a celebratory GIF but caught myself just in time ;)

@Boab

How will you understand or communicate with millenials \_(ツ)_/¯ or indeed recognise when governments, think tanks and commentators are building a dominant narrative? it is the language of now...not unlike the development of mandarin I suspect :) ... next you'll be saying you abhor split infinitives, where will it end!... potuimus omnes redire ad scribendum i putant latine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom