Gillette Wilkinson Sword

[attachment=3777]
Has anyone else tried these rather strangely named blades?
They are made in India and I rate them highly - nice and sharp and smooth.
100 on eBay for £9, but in fact you get 110 as there are 11 blades in each box.

Attachments

• GWS.JPG
    GWS.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 12
NotTheStig said:
I did a thread on this a while back. In my experience not very sharp but quite good if you shave everyday and stubble isn't too coarse. My girlfriend likes them!

My apologies. I did look for other threads, but didn't spot it.
They seem to work for my 'old man's' grey beard.
So far I have only tried 2 and of course the quality may vary across the pack.
I'm very impressed that you have got your girlfriend using DEs -my wife and daughter spend a fortune on disposable Ladies razors.

The Wilkinson Sword brand is owned by many corporations for many things... and not all of them worldwide.

One example is that it's owned for razors & blades in India by Gillette. In Europe it's owned by Energiser Holdings (yes the battery people) for razors... but for garden tools it's owned by Husqvarna (who also own McCulloch & Flymo...)

Dandy Highwayman said:
I'm very impressed that you have got your girlfriend using DEs -my wife and daughter spend a fortune on disposable Ladies razors.
It took a while, despite the potential cost savings (if you're not an enthusiast!) as I had to overcome the "aren't they dangerous?" and "disposables are quicker" arguments. In the end I let her get on with it but kept showing her the old razors I have. She started to appreciate the appearance of them, so I did a Gillette marketing tactic: gave her a free razor with some blades! Did the trick. She has an open comb 1940s New and uses these and my other mild blades (Zorrik, Laser Platinum). They don't really work for me so suits me fine!

Back
Top Bottom