Gillette Tech

Thanks for your suggestions, gentlemen!

Got meself a structurally sound early Tech and had a fabulous shave today.
I couldn't for the life of me get a post-DFS shave out of other Techs I've tried (much later models).
Too mild to my liking.
Now this older fellow has perfect (for me) efficiency ratio. 3-pass effortless BBS.
I'll probably be looking for the same model in a nicer condition.
But for now here this old warrior stays.

Another question: are there any solid aftermarket handles (preferably in brass) which resemble this particular design?

Thanks for your suggestions, gentlemen!

Got meself a structurally sound early Tech and had a fabulous shave today.
I couldn't for the life of me get a post-DFS shave out of other Techs I've tried (much later models).
Too mild to my liking.
Now this older fellow has perfect (for me) efficiency ratio. 3-pass effortless BBS.
I'll probably be looking for the same model in a nicer condition.
But for now here this old warrior stays.

Another question: are there any solid aftermarket handles (preferably in brass) which resemble this particular design?

Good work! I think the quick answer is: no. Unless you know a chap with a lathe.

For a while Connaught did a pretty good ball end handle copy in stainless steel. I can't find it on their site now. No drama. I often find a simple bulldog handle suits the Tech (most eras of it, too) and snagged a cheapo myself the other day from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203787746023

Thanks! I'm looking for a copy of the original looks-wise, just made of solid brass. I can find no such offerings after a quick search.
Well, the original will do. It's just it feels flimsy. There may be internal cracks or something. I'll use it until it falls apart then.

How is it that modern companies cannot make an accurate tech clone ? I can appreciate copyright, but there are so many clones - why not a precision engineered one that is exact where it matters and thus shaves the same ?
Nobody stamps brass, they either machine it out or cast/inject/whatever, or chrome plated zamak.

Thanks! I'm looking for a copy of the original looks-wise, just made of solid brass. I can find no such offerings after a quick search.
Well, the original will do. It's just it feels flimsy. There may be internal cracks or something. I'll use it until it falls apart then.
Durham Duplex handles are fandamntastic!

Buy one of these...

100_2494.JPG

Stick it on your Tech... (on the left)

100_2151.JPG

Solid brass, nice and grippy, same length, great balance, I love 'em!

How is it that modern companies cannot make an accurate tech clone ? I can appreciate copyright, but there are so many clones - why not a precision engineered one that is exact where it matters and thus shaves the same ?

This is close, damn close:

I find the tech range really confusing, even now Im not sure which techs I have lol

Like when I say confusing to me the theres two techs which look like fat handle techs but I think only the one is classed as fat and the other slim although in pictures there doesn't seem to be a big difference size wis

I mean when I look at the Fatboy and slim I can see the difference in size straight away you know.

Does anyone in TSR land own, or used the Tech TTO? Think it is called "The Ranger" ?

I've not seen one come up for sale on ebay, yet seen them used on Youtube. Beginning to wonder if it's a phantom ;)

Back
Top Bottom