Gillette Tech History

Now before anyone says anything I have no idea where this fella got his info from as he lists no primary sources. I did verify the original patent applicant where he names one of the chief engineers. Secondly, he is "drumming" for his own import co. that sells Tech replicas, but that's after the history part and I merely disregarded it.

The article:

Original Tech patent:

The replica looks a bit crap, to be frank ... puts me in mind of the Flying Eagle. That, and it's more expensive than a real Tech, even a NOS real Tech.

REPLITECH is an EXACT duplicate of an end of year 1965 British Tech. However because it has a handle made out of stainless steel it should not crack like the original.

... er, anyone had a Tech handle crack? Ever?

I might get the JFK. Very interesting article.
don,t wish to rain on your parade , however if i remember correctly , i looked into "replitech a year or so ago & found only bad news & stories of terrible customer service , goods paid for & not recieved. i may be wrong /they may have turned it around / new ownership . just an FYI

"REPLITECH is an EXACT duplicate of an end of year 1965 British Tech. However because it has a handle made out of stainless steel it should not crack like the original. The actual JFK Tech was of course made with the older-style head than Replitech, but we certainly captured the spirit of that very razor!"

This is not true, rose gold has been around for centuries.

"Unlike any Gillette Tech that ever existed before it, the chief metalugest of the Gillette Company had created a new type of plating that was affectionately called "rose gold" named that way because of its pinkish rosey color, but also because it was to be presented to the commender-in-chief to commemorate JFK's first year in office. The presentation was made in the Rose Garden and the name of the metal's color became synonmous with this alloy which comprised 24K gold, silver, and copper."

This is not true, rose gold has been around for centuries.

"Unlike any Gillette Tech that ever existed before it, the chief metalugest of the Gillette Company had created a new type of plating that was affectionately called "rose gold" named that way because of its pinkish rosey color, but also because it was to be presented to the commender-in-chief to commemorate JFK's first year in office. The presentation was made in the Rose Garden and the name of the metal's color became synonmous with this alloy which comprised 24K gold, silver, and copper."
As a metallurgist by qualification, I should say that only pure gold is 24 carat, without any alloying additions.

The replica looks a bit crap, to be frank ... puts me in mind of the Flying Eagle. That, and it's more expensive than a real Tech, even a NOS real Tech.

REPLITECH is an EXACT duplicate of an end of year 1965 British Tech. However because it has a handle made out of stainless steel it should not crack like the original.

... er, anyone had a Tech handle crack? Ever?
Replitech looks dog mince to me but I appreciate the original intentions of @Bogeyman ;)(y)

seeing as there's so many different types of techs, we need to see who's git the most amount of different techs....

the question is who shall be King Tech?

p.s @mods/admin would be cool if the person could have a cool 'King Tech' name under their username so it's official and all lol

Back
Top Bottom