Gillette Super Click - Better than you might have thought

So at 5.30am I was legging it out of the house to do the early start at work *having come to a mere 15 minutes before hand there was time only for a perfunctory shower and not being allowed proper shaving equipment at work I decided on a shave later in the day when I got home.

Waiting on the doormat was an envelope from Thiland containing two new Gillette Super Click plastic flip top razors and Gillette Thai super thin blades.
Well, it would have been rude not to wouldnt it?

I ripped open the pack flipped open the top and loaded up the razor blade.

Whilst it looks like a tech made of plastic the blade exposure is quite savage and the shave is more aggressive than you would think from something with all the weight of a bic biro. The other main issue I would have with the razor is that being plastic, I find the razor sticks and draggs on skin where there is no soap/lather. Being light you do feel inclined to apply quite a bit of pressure, though in reality no mpore pressure is needed than with the lightest of alloy type techs.

Not the best 2 pass shave in the world, but better than I have any right to expect from such a cheap piece of shave gear.
This will live in the shower as since the dropped iKon incident which chipped some enamel off the bath I dont use a DE in the shower any more. I can drop this without fear to life or limb.
Oh and it also floats in the sink / bath.
£1.88 for two!

Back
Top Bottom