Gillette Slim Adjustable Appreciation Club

CjH

Or GSAAC for short.

There are many hunters for the Fatboy, and other iconic razors. But I don't here many singing the praises of the Slim Adjustable.

I use mine for more than 60% of my shaves, and a few other razors now and again. I love the slim adjustable, for me 2 passes on setting 4. One WTG one XTG, and on the rare occasion I need a BBS shave I go to setting 2 and go ATG.
The only time I have a bad shave with it is when I have a bad soap.

Please share your love of the Slim Adjustable.

I think they’re great and their slightly longer cousin, the Super Adjustable!

I do tend to set it a little higher, 7 normally. And have on occasions dialled up to 9 for the first pass if there is a lot of material then dialled down a little.

Always happy with the results though.

My N4 revamped, re-plated Slim gets used for about 25% of my shaves, generally 1 week per month. If I include the shipping & insurance from USA to UK, it's possibly the most expensive razor in my den, as I wanted the N4 specifically and waited for one to be sourced for me, then reconditioned and plated. I decided to go for the traditional finish, although Rhodium would have been nice too.

My problem is that I also love the Tech and I bought a lot more of those, so feel I have to rotate the different ones in!
I found the Fatboy I borrowed a little too 'fat' for certain areas. I suppose that's why Gillette brought out the Slim!

For me, it's a #6, #4, #4 for a 3-pass and if I'm in a rush #7, #5 for a 2-pass. I haven't been disappointed yet.
I do get a bit more satisfaction if I use a NOS blade, such as the Gillette Super Stainless, Patinum, or Scottish Perma-Sharp's, but I'll save them for something a bit more 'special', as I haven't got many.
I find the Gillette Perma-Sharp's are a perfect match for me.

I assume everyone else has their own favourite blade to use in their Slim?

Back
Top Bottom