gillette silver blue

D

Deleted member 12673

hey people so i used the gillette silver blue in my merkur 45 bakelite de razor,
really nice blade, has to be up there with the gillette nacets and rubies too

i'd probably say better then astra sp's and a bit better then dorco titans as the gillette silver blues are very smooth and sharp too YMMV

what are your thoughts and experiences with this blade?

Well depending on the only three blades comment by an unverified Russian source, is there much difference between the Astra's, Polsilvers, GSB's, Gillette Platinum's et al? I haven't used Rubie or Nacets. Everyone knows, as with Derby, to avoid Dorco...
yea read that thread over @ B&B, not sure what to make of it lol

Blade of the Gods. If I ever wanted my tackle as smooth as a bowling ball, this would be the blade I'd use.

Sb6W8Pn.gif

I bought thousands a few years back when someone was selling them for what seemed to be less than a penny a blade as I thought they were great and "the only blade I'd ever need".

Over the years, I found them to be... not that great.

Invested in a new razor and the blades were better, but I also sold 90% of my stash and put the money towards Nacett, Astra Greens and Blues as well as another brand, which initially I didn't like but years later and the new razor became a dream to work with. I also threw in a few feathers and that's my rotation now.

Back
Top Bottom