Gillette (Shanghai) Blades Now Available In The UK

Well, 2nd shave on the LB blade and duplicated exactly everything from yesterday, i.e., same razor, brush, soap & prep to a "T". Great shave, but I am going to have to give a very slight nod to the Astra SP which was just a minute tad smoother. That is not to disparage the LB as it is the "bottom rung" blade for Gillette in Asia and priced accordingly. In that respect it beats the Astra SP economically. Just my opinion and worth what you were charged.

Used a London Bridge on Tuesday (head shave) in a Razorock German 37 slant and Hampshire Wool Fat soap. Was ok but a bit meh. I usually get a fantastic shave with this razor and a first use Gillette blade.
Used it again today for the 2nd time in a Rockwell 6s (plate 6), same soap and a perfect 3 pass BBS, no weepers and alum block didn't make a sound and only a very slight tingle!
So I've found a great combination, which is the whole point!

So has anyone tried this blade yet?

I ask as I wonder if the ones I had years ago were fake. :unsure:
It's on the 'to try' list but I'm working my way through so many new razors that I need to use blades I'm familiar with.

So has anyone tried this blade yet?

I ask as I wonder if the ones I had years ago were fake. :unsure:
There are a few SOTD posts with them of recently and they seem very highly rated.

It could have been a fake or a badly stored blade?

so its been a little while since the start of this thread, so whats your lots opinons on these blades?

I bought loads of Super Thins years ago. Both varieties. They were buttons to buy. There was a lot of debate ref which was best. The ones most of us bought on here were pretty much indistinguishable. Later on member's said there were big differences. I suspect fakes came in.

There's a new player on the field, or at least new packaging:

Is this not just a promotional pack for the more regular Chinese made Viet Nam market Super Thin?

gillette_super_thin_china_rsz.jpg

^ New! Super good, super sharp ...

Gillette_Super_ThinVietnam_res.png

It says "Scratch and Win Gold" on the front, so a bit like the SuperMax Sunrise blades, which were the regular green/yellow pack but had the "Golden Ticket" promotion included:

ACtC-3dWfs82x0WRdh-11yPg5CduqL7JCdTkS94Gi74onRozcCJ8K_64KtkvNkhMK-6MvyzS-FyfsOkRjrRCEzmBpVA9bRjvpimmRCiNsx55shm5b5qkjEL2bajNYgz_SqHrWwNnzpdScddDlA8-7PQ-P_1t4A=w300

... but good spot for folks wanting to collect different packaging.

FWIW the more regular pack says "New! Super good, super sharp".

Yes, I believe you're right. However, I ordered a few as to be frank I think the Viet version I tried a few years back were probably fakes. There were at that time a few vendors selling those here in country and it seemed as if almost everyone despised them as being rough which is as we know not characteristic of Gillette blades. The same thing happened here with some Super Gillette Blue blades as well. I still have a few of those and they are a very clever fake with excellent box graphics, but shave like a bean can lid!! o_O

Back
Top Bottom