Gillette (Shanghai) Blades Now Available In The UK

Hi all,
This is so bad, I have only started at Christmas and I have nearly 200 blades.
I read this thread and thought ooh I must get some of them, I have resisted.
I must try my others first, but this is like an addiction and can I ask is there any help groups like shaving anonymous to help pull me out of this hole?

...don't worry too much, it eases off a bit after several years; you start running out of storage space, or your significant other will give you a reality check or you wake up one morning and find yourself not wanting to be swimming through a sea of razors, blades, brushes and soaps, or you will find another obsession :) ...enjoy the journey and don't sweat it too much; it is a gentle, harmless, safe, interest- although very enjoyable - and will cost you far less than most other interests. Just don't tell anyone how much you are buying outside of the forum, as they will start questioning your sanity and we can all do without that sort of judgement...

...don't worry too much, it eases off a bit after several years; you start running out of storage space, or your significant other will give you a reality check or you wake up one morning and find yourself not wanting to be swimming through a sea of razors, blades, brushes and soaps, or you will find another obsession :) ...enjoy the journey and don't sweat it too much; it is a gentle, harmless, safe, interest- although very enjoyable - and will cost you far less than most other interests. Just don't tell anyone how much you are buying outside of the forum, as they will start questioning your sanity and we can all do without that sort of judgement...
Thanks for advice, just had a cracking shave with a Gillette now and made a super lather with some shaving foam and cream

Hi all,
This is so bad, I have only started at Christmas and I have nearly 200 blades.
I read this thread and thought ooh I must get some of them, I have resisted.
I must try my others first, but this is like an addiction and can I ask is there any help groups like shaving anonymous to help pull me out of this hole?

200 Blades? My blade collection is large enough to have become sentient and start collecting blades for it's own use, it probably has at least 200 blades in it's collection.

Your future self will laugh at yourself at equating that to be a large number of blades.

Ah, sorry I just reread your statement and you just started at Christmas. 200 blades is an excellent start. Fine work. Uncle Donny is proud of you.

Last edited:
A much better shave with the Blue this time. Smooth - not at all what I was expecting after the last shave. I still prefer my PPI favourites.

Which MIC Gillettes have you used now? I've only used the MIC Gillette Wilkinson Sword, which many seem to love but I'm not so enthusiastic about. Like yourself, I have my PPI favourites but also the Indian ones which do not seem to be as highly regarded but I think they're superb.

Which MIC Gillettes have you used now? I've only used the MIC Gillette Wilkinson Sword, which many seem to love but I'm not so enthusiastic about. Like yourself, I have my PPI favourites but also the Indian ones which do not seem to be as highly regarded but I think they're superb.
This was the first MIC Gillette I've used. I've had positive experiences with the Indian Gillettes, like yourself.

This was the first MIC Gillette I've used. I've had positive experiences with the Indian Gillettes, like yourself.

Keep me posted how you get on with the London Bridge and the Super Thins when you get to use them.

Also, the same seller at the start of the thread now has Winner Stainless and Platinum varieties in stock.

I bought the Winner Stainless from India and they are yet to be delivered. I could have bought them from the UK for the same price and received them by now! :mad:

I'll be giving the Super Blue a run from tonight ...

I've tried the London Bridge and found it quite acceptable. It's a 7/10 for me, being a bit nippy on the first go (1 weeper), good for a second go and then started to dip in smoothness but still very much acceptable on the third run, which was in a good slant and feel that it particularly liked that format. Yeah! It's a good stainless blade. Nothing particularly stood out for me, which is both a good thing ("go to blade") and a bad thing (nothing to particularly warrant a re-purchase, but the 50 I have will likely be plenty).

The Indian Gillette blacks are still my favorite blade by far.

The Super Thins I ordered from this seller arrived this morning and they look almost identical to the Thai ones:

thin1.jpg
thin2.png
thin3.jpg
thin4.jpg
thin5.jpg

Need to give them a go but I'd be amazed if they're different in any way other than the printing on the blade and the packaging. To be fair I'll be happy if they are the same because I really like the Thai Super Thins.

Back
Top Bottom