Gillette (Shanghai) Blades Now Available In The UK

Last edited:
Gillette London Bridge Stainless Double Edge | Razor Shaving Blades | eBay - London Bridge
Gillette Super Blue Double Edge Razor Shaving Blades | Super Sharp | eBay - Super Blue
Gillette Super Thin Platinum Razor Shaving Blades | Sharp & Smooth |Pack of 6 | eBay - Super Thin (Vietnam variant)

These all seem to be packaged for Vietnam / Indonesia

I've just ordered one of each. Have used this seller before without issue

Great spot Sean, I've been wanting to get some of the London Bridge blades in particular, they are supposed to be excellent.

Bunch of enablers!

I already had the Super Blues after a trip to China for work, but I've ordered two packs each of the London Bridge and Super Thins (the price differential makes the second pack as near free as dammit).

Was wanting to try these as well I found a seller in India that sold the gillette super thin for $8 for 120 blades and was only $5 to ship to the UK but because of covid all parcels from India to the UK have been stopped they also sell a few other blades really cheap as well the company was called
Lel low online

I gotta a bad feeling about those Super Gillette Blue Blades. I could be wrong and hope I am, but something seems off. I have many bona fide ones and they all say Made in Shanghai. Perhaps they are making them now in the new Vietnam plant. I dunno. :unsure:

You will know for sure with one micro stroke if they are indeed fake.

I gotta a bad feeling about those Super Gillette Blue Blades. I could be wrong and hope I am, but something seems off. I have many bona fide ones and they all say Made in Shanghai. Perhaps they are making them now in the new Vietnam plant. I dunno. :unsure:

You will know for sure with one micro stroke if they are indeed fake.
On the photos on the listing the back of the tucks do mention Gillette Shanghai, but my Vietnamese isn't good enough to recognise 'made in'. I suspect these are the same Super Blue blades as sold in China, but in region-specific packaging.

It's a bit weird they've replaced the little hologram from the Chinese packs with a plain grey dot, though.

I'm lucky that I can get the 'real deal' ones here in China, and if I search around the local mom n pop shops I can get them cheaper, I can even haggle on occasion. Oh happy day, one of my fave blades.

I'm lucky that I can get the 'real deal' ones here in China, and if I search around the local mom n pop shops I can get them cheaper, I can even haggle on occasion. Oh happy day, one of my fave blades.

The bona fide Super Gillette Blue Blade is superb. I have over 100 authentic ones and hoard them like gold.

I own and have used every modern Gillette made in Shanghai blade except for one that still eludes me: the mysterious Rubie Ultra Stainless marketed in the Philippines. Plead, whine and beg as I have, no online vendor will ship to the USA. One fellow on another forum somehow got a vendor there to sell/ship some and he was promptly "dry holed" on the deal as the blades were counterfeit. :cautious:

The bona fide Super Gillette Blue Blade is superb. I have over 100 authentic ones and hoard them like gold.

I own and have used every modern Gillette made in Shanghai blade except for one that still eludes me: the mysterious Rubie Ultra Stainless marketed in the Philippines. Plead, whine and beg as I have, no online vendor will ship to the USA. One fellow on another forum somehow got a vendor there to sell/ship some and he was promptly "dry holed" on the deal as the blades were counterfeit. :cautious:

Yeah they really are great blades and last very well, Only rubies I've ever tried are the std ones, not over struck on them tbh, smooth enough but not terribly sharp compared to may other Gillette blades like yellows and blacks

OMG, they've arrived! Ordered Fri evening, sent with a second class stamp presumably on Saturday, and here they are already. Royal Mail seem determined to batter any Christmas backlogs!

I'll shave with a London Bridge tomorrow morning and report back.

Yep! Mine arrived, too. Likewise, London Bridge for my next blade ...

Bagged some WIzzies (I hate PolSilver, but have notes from a few years ago that I actually liked Wizamet) and some of the new package Gillette Platinums. London Bridge & Super Blues, naturally.

The Super Blues are in non-English, but I can make out P&G Home Products Indonesia, P&G Viet Nam and Gillette (Shanghai) China. If I can muster the necessary, I'll pass the text through a translator and see if I can make any sense of all that. Inside, the blades are in greaseproof wrappers with no wax dots.

How does that compare?

Back
Top Bottom