Gillette president?

This was a last minute spot before the hammer went down. Looks like a President to me - did I guess right?

$(KGrHqMOKpQE5U-snNn7BOfivZvijw~~60_3.JPG

Beautiful razor. Please do a review on how it shaves.
(how times chg in1953 they sold in the case for 5$. Even then could you imagine that detail and workmanship and only costing 5$).

I thought I did pretty well @ £35 Could not see any plate loss in the images.

I've a feeling it'll be similar to the Diplomat I have.

sunburyboy93 said:
Yep it is a prezzy in all it's rhodium loveliness. ( I think the only USA razor Gillette plated in rhodium)

+1
A later Prez, (the earlier ones had a different ring just above the TTO knob).

@ Johnus, they are great shavers I use one of mine on a regular basis.....

BK you did well at that price for an uncased one as it looks in good shape, it should sparkle with a good polish.

BlkKnight said:
I've a feeling it'll be similar to the Diplomat I have.

Hi there,

Very good price for that piece if it cleans up well and everything works as it should. Yeah, those things shine like crazy when polished up.

You're right about it probably shaving like the Diplomat. Same exact razor with different plating. The knurling's the same on both, which makes em a little different than the Aristocrat.

Actually, you may very well end up finding that both razors don't shave quite the same. Steve has a President that's more aggressive than mine, for whatever the reason.

Nice addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

My gosh did I get burnt with this one :(

I think the razor was a result of a very bad plating job.

After a days soak in some detergent and a (very light) scrub with a toothbrush the plating was literally coming away.

Utterly disappointed, sold the result for a fraction (didn't want it in the house). Now looking for a new one

It looks like it may have been re-plated in nickle. I have 2 of these one in the "collection" side of my razors (boxed,shipper etc) and nickle re-plated one and the re-plate is showing the same symptoms as yours i.e. plating is coming off the handle in chunks and thinning on the head. These razors had a rhodium plated handle and a nickle plated head.
I still use the flaky one as it is a very good shaver, so if you do get a good one you should be happy with it, but they seem to command a good price for a nice honest example.
Would post pics of the 2 together but I am feeling too lazy..........:dodgy::dodgy:

missingskin said:
It looks like it may have been re-plated in nickle. I have 2 of these one in the "collection" side of my razors (boxed,shipper etc) and nickle re-plated one and the re-plate is showing the same symptoms as yours i.e. plating is coming off the handle in chunks and thinning on the head. Would post pics of the 2 together but I am feeling too lazy..........:dodgy::dodgy:

Dear lazy bastard,

Is the Prez I sold you screwing up? Let me know if that's the case because the vendor may owe me a favor, if you know what I mean. Heh, burn this message if it's a different razor.

Marvy

Oh, to the OP: Man, I was sorry to see how the deal turned out. If it's any consolation at all, the shave will be similar to.....nah, that doesn't help much. I hate to say it because these can get a little pricey, but a Prez really is a nice looking and well performing piece. I hope you have good luck adding one to the shaving arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom