Gillette Platinum Brasil

I am 99.99% sure they are merely a run of the mill Platinum, but the packaging is way cool!

I saw this on B&B, someone stated it is made in China.

Gillette seem to be adding a few new lines to their DE blades now and again.

Yes, that's where I saw it as well. I think they just "shake up" the names now & again. Remember when Speedy, the former Aussie poster here, said his Australian dist. told him that the new Gillette Minora Stainless was actually just the old red, white & black box Stainless renamed?

Yes, that's where I saw it as well. I think they just "shake up" the names now & again. Remember when Speedy, the former Aussie poster here, said his Australian dist. told him that the new Gillette Minora Stainless was actually just the old red, white & black box Stainless renamed?

It could be, and yes I remember that. The Minora is a good blade btw.

When it comes to some other blade companies, eg Lord, they will change the packaging but the blade inside will be the same, I wonder whether Gillette do the same thing for their blades for different markets.

I've got a few of the Vietnam and Thailand market Gillette Super Thins, I should dig them out and test them to see whether they are the same blade or not.

@Bogeyman what do you think of the standard Russian Gillette Platinum? I thought it was a good blade but not exceptional, but I've been using one recently and I came to appreciate how fine a blade it is. It seems to work beautifully with my old Gillettes.

You know my beliefs: all Gillette Platinum are basically the same as are their Stainless marked blades. I can tell little if any difference when using the same soap and any variance may just simply be day to day "stacking tolerances" on the part of the human actually shaving. As you know, so many people bounce around with different eqpmt. daily.

Regardless, we need to find out how Mr. Smart obtained all that Brazilian tackle. We need a level playing field! Equality!

:cautious:

Strange things are happening. Brazil is importing blades from China, but exporting them to Columbia under the Minora label which lately has been a St Petersburg product for export to Africa.

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/any-blades-made-in-brazil.634516/#post-12073692

I know a fair few Brazilians both in the UK and over there. Generally speaking, Chinese made products are not held in high esteem.

It also begs the question about long term DE blade manufacturing at the Gillette plant in Manaus. I've acquired c100 of the (Gillette) Wilkinson Sword blades from there and they are an excellent blade; smooth but sharp.

Sean, Gillette Manaus made a Minora for years sold only in Latin America. It was/is popular in Colombia, but pricier than the latest interloper, Lord.

@Boycie, have you or either Mr. Smart actually used one of these yet? :unsure:

I've used the Brazil Wilk Sword a few times and it is a superb blade.

I found it to be one of the sharpest blades made by Gillette, maybe a touch less sharp than the Nacet.

Mike used the Brazil Platinum blade, which is made in China and thought it might be one of their Platinum Thin blades, I can't remember the exact one.

Back
Top Bottom