Gillette NEW.

Anybody use one in their regular rotation?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The%20NEW/The%20NEW.htm">http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The%20 ... %20NEW.htm</a><!-- m -->

Rik (Magicpixie) has one, which he lent to me via the razor pool.
i don't know how regular he uses it though.
if you have a heavy growth or go a while between shaves it'd be a useful tool but i found it a bit harsh for me

Hi Neil, how's the form this weather?

Tony, the New has been my razor for August. When I first picked it up I did not like it at all but after lending it to Hando I thought I'd give it another go. I'm not sure what's different this time around but I've really enjoyed shaving with it and have gotten pretty good results.

If you'd like to give it a test drive drop me a PM.

I acquired one back in May and have loved it from day one. I have a gold model with long teeth and a fat handle (no ball end :eek: ). It's a bit brassed, but evenly so, where the textured grip is. Looks nice and shaves great.

Magicpixie said:
Hi Neil, how's the form this weather?

Tony, the New has been my razor for August. When I first picked it up I did not like it at all but after lending it to Hando I thought I'd give it another go. I'm not sure what's different this time around but I've really enjoyed shaving with it and have gotten pretty good results.

If you'd like to give it a test drive drop me a PM.

Thanks for the offer Rik but I'm just waiting for my English NEW to arrive. What blade do you use with it?
Do you ever remember as a kid lending your'e bike to someone and then getting it back and it "feeling" different to ride? I always thought that was a bit weird.

Tony, I have used the Feather, Iridium, Kai and Derby with it. All have been good performers (except the Derby, as usual) and in fact I got 6 shaves from an Iridium last week - a new personal best. The next Iridium was a duffer though and I'm hoping to find another 'super blade' in the pack. :)

I found that the New needs a light touch - it's not a monster but if you get careless it will bite. I've had more nicks with the New than any other razor (quite rare for me) because I've been daydreaming while shaving. :roll:

Shaved last night with a Feather in my NEW. Didn't even go ATG, but XTG left a red patch on my chin. I must be more careful or my technique is slipping. I'm starting to wonder if gentle blades and mild razors are indeed more my bag. :?

Back
Top Bottom