Gillette Minora Stainless

I am at the point that I really cannot tell much of any difference amongst top tier Gillette blades: they all shave fantastic!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I am at the point that I really cannot tell much of any difference amongst top tier Gillette blades: they all shave fantastic!

I agree.

IMO, I find even though the top tier Gillette blades are very consistent and work really well across different brands and types of razors better than other brands I still find occasionally I'll stumble across a blade/razor combination which works exceptionally well recently it's a New OC with a Nacet, the blade. The Nacet was very good in a Fat Handle Tech, but with the New OC, it was a delightful combination, but it could be down to the blade taking a few shaves to be at it's best.

Back to the Minora Stainless, I will use one of those next to see what the fuss is about!

Back to the Minora Stainless, I will use one of those next to see what the fuss is about!
Stop fussing about and shut up start using the Minora Stainless, otherwise, I'll kick your hairy Arko butt..... Okay, Sir!!

Try it in a Tech.
Haven't tried Minora Stainless in a ball end tech yet!! as I find the Gillette Nacet blend into the ball end tech FANTASTIC!!!!

I don't like OC razors. Those nubs rubbing on my face drive me crazy. As well, I don't find them as smooth as a safety bar. Of course, my opinion and 5 will buy you a cup of Starbucks.
Have you been trying riding the top cap without the teeth applying pressure against your skin, otherwise, you’ve been watching too much Jaws classic movies.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

With a safety bar without any bloody teeth.

Just used one of the new Minora Stainless blades today. it's early days to make a full evaluation but the Minora Stainless is a very sharp and smooth blade, I think it reminded me quite a bit of a Nacet but it's clear from the outset it'll produce exceptional results.
This is where I rate the Minora Stainless which is one step under the Gillette Nacet.

Feather Hi-Stainless <---- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Super Stainless (spoiler)
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Minora Stainless (new) & Gillette Stainless red & white (old), the old version is no longer available on the market (both are the same blade)
Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) both are the same blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Platinum & King C Gillette
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum (orange & white)
Astra Superior Platinum <------ Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage US Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp
German Wilkinson Sword
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade

This is where I rate the Minora Stainless which is one step under the Gillette Nacet.

Feather Hi-Stainless <---- Very very sharp
Kai Stainless
Gillette Nacet
Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Super Stainless (spoiler)
Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra
Gillette Minora Stainless (new) & Gillette Stainless red & white (old), the old version is no longer available on the market (both are the same blade)
Polsilver Super Iridium (old) & Wizamet Super Iridium (new) both are the same blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellow)
Gillette Platinum & King C Gillette
Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless
Gillette Rubie
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Stainless
Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword
Treet Platinum (orange & white)
Astra Superior Platinum <------ Middle of the road everyday shave
Vintage US Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green)
Perma-Sharp
German Wilkinson Sword
ASCO Super Stainless (orange)
Parker Premium Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Super Stainless
Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Ladas Super Stainless
Rockwell Swedish Stainless
Gillette Sputnik
Voskhod <---- This is the low level, not the lowest crap blade
That's a good list, which I largely agree with.

Are they all the blades you have used? I have used a fair number, some absolute stinkers as well.

Are they all the blades you have used? I have used a fair number, some absolute stinkers as well.
Yes. I've been using nearly all my blades sample according to the list above, I've been testing only with two Murker razors 34C/G, it's easier when comparing blades side by side during the shave. If you got two razors in your den both have the same head, you can create your own list above as I did, because, everybody stubble, course hair, and skin type are all different (YMMV).

The best objective blade testing I have seen was a fella years ago on B&B who used two alike razors, but he had his wife load them in secret so as to not skew the testing with pre-conceived bias. He never knew what blade was in which razor until the blade either petered out or it was wretched out of the chute. He did vary the soaps if I recall however.

Regardless, I think prep/technique trumps the blade almost always. People get into trouble when they wander off the reservation trying different razors willy nilly. Yours truly included.

Back
Top Bottom