Gillette Minora Stainless

I'm not sure where you are
New Zealand...and I buy the blades on Amazon USA as Amazon Australia wont let me buy them!
Don't the queer sods know that Australia is the outer Western Island of New Zealand?
$22NZD for 100 plus shipping. (That's 11 GBP per 100 plus shipping).
But UK shipping probably dearer than Amazon USA?
Amazon certainly is quick to ship to NZ too.

New Zealand...and I buy the blades on Amazon USA as Amazon Australia wont let me buy them!
Don't the queer sods know that Australia is the outer Western Island of New Zealand?
$22NZD for 100 plus shipping. (That's 11 GBP per 100 plus shipping).
But UK shipping probably dearer than Amazon USA?
Amazon certainly is quick to ship to NZ too.

This is the place which has 500 Minora's for £37.

They ship to NZ, but I have no idea how much it is as the shipping calculator requires postcode.

Quite a few have bought blades from there and have been pleased with their service, they have some other great blades at excellent prices; including the Vietnamese Super Blue is one of the best I have used.

The new Gillette Minora Stainless is the same as the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) pack.

Old version of the Gillette Stainless (red & white) made directly from Russia is no longer available anymore was original for the Middle East and African countries

New Gillette Minora Stainless made directly from Russia for the Middle East and African countries on the current market. New version is slightly smoother than the old version above as they’re the same.

Unfortunately the statement above doesn't stack up. If it's smoother, how can it be the same?

I've shaved extensively with both the Gillette Stainless and the Minora Stainless and agree with your overall findings though. The Minora Stainless is equally as sharp (at the higher end of the scale along with 7 O'clock Yellows and PSIs etc) as the Gillette Stainless, but definitely a notch smoother.

All in all a fine blade which I have already purchased 200 of.

The new Gillette Minora Stainless is the same as the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) pack.

Old version of the Gillette Stainless (red & white) made directly from Russia is no longer available anymore was original for the Middle East and African countries
s-l500.jpg

UzKEeJb.png

New Gillette Minora Stainless made directly from Russia for the Middle East and African countries on the current market. New version is slightly smoother than the old version above as they’re the same.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And yet again I will ask just how you know this to be a fact? :unsure:

And yet again I will ask just how you know this to be a fact? :unsure:
@SeanC I’ve shaved both blades with Gillette Stainless in the 34C and the Gillette Minora Stainless in the 34G, both Murker razors are the same head.

@Bogeyman I bought the last whole bash lifetime supply of Gillette Stainless (red and white) directly from Israel roughly three years ago, when I email the last whole sale supplier directly in Israel is where I got the information from them.

UUbhvVD.jpg

Also bought the last 300 Gillette Stainless from Canada in August 2019 on eBay

Last edited:
...@Bogeyman I bought the last whole bash lifetime supply of Gillette Stainless (red and white) directly from Israel roughly three years ago, when I email the last whole sale supplier directly in Israel is where I got the information from them...

OK, but I also recall people stating similar things a few years back from dists. to gin up sales, e.g., the infamous Polsilver debacle. That's not saying what he told you is untrue, just that this is an industry rife with secrecy & rumors. I have some of the old red, black & white ones from him as well.

OK, but I also recall people stating similar things a few years back from dists. to gin up sales, e.g., the infamous Polsilver debacle. That's not saying what he told you is untrue, just that this is an industry rife with secrecy & rumors. I have some of the old red, black & white ones from him as well.
Believe me @Bogeyman they're the same as the rebranded new Gillette Minora Stainless and they're slightly smoother than the old Gillette Stainless. I'm not going to urge against @SeanC saying the old Gillette Stainless is a notch smoother against the new Gillette Minora Stainless..

Besides I'm very happy to have the old Gillette Stainless (red & white), I don't need the new version of the Minora Stainless.

Remember the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) is no longer in production anymore, done and dust.

Last edited:
Believe me @Bogeyman they're the same as the rebranded new Gillette Minora Stainless and they're slightly smoother than the old Gillette Stainless. I'm not going to urge against @SeanC saying the old Gillette Stainless is a notch smoother against the new Gillette Minora Stainless..

Besides I'm very happy to have the old Gillette Stainless (red &white), I don't need the new version of the Minora Stainless.

Thanks for the info.

The Red Stainless is a highly regarded blade, and even if the Minora Stainless isn't the same or even if it is in the same category of performance, for £8.50 for a 100 shipped in the UK it's a really well priced blade for UK consumers at least.

FWIW, my favourite Russian blades are Nacet, Permasharp, Polsilver and I find there are clear differences when they are brand new, but IMO they are all at their best after a few shaves and at that stage, I think there are more similarities in their performances than differences but YMMV as ever.

IMO, Gillette are putting out some excellent blades right now, I used a few of the new MIC ones, the Vietnamese Super Blue and the London Bridge and thought they were both excellent.

images

@donnie_arko I don’t want to hi jack this topic too much, are you fully aware that the Polsilver SI has been rebranded back into the previous package to Wizamet SI brand, the new Wizamet SI pack is in middle see above they’re selling ten blades instead of five both are the same are made from Russia in St Petersburg.

Yes I did, but I've not bought any more as I find the performance of Perma Sharp and Nacet to be equally excellent, and I have a few 100 of those blades. Also, the new Wizzies are twice the price of some other Gillette blades which I believe are close in performance.

Besides I'm very happy to have the old Gillette Stainless (red & white), I don't need the new version of the Minora Stainless.

Remember the old Gillette Stainless (red & white) is no longer in production anymore, done and dust.

Almost, but not quite, without wanting to be pedantic:

The Minora Stainless is equally as sharp (at the higher end of the scale along with 7 O'clock Yellows and PSIs etc) as the Gillette Stainless, but definitely a notch smoother.

I find the Minora to be a whisker smoother

Back
Top Bottom