Gillette Minora Stainless

Any more reports on this new lil' jewel of a blade? I had six perfect shaves on the first one before I switched to another blade type. At least for me blades "die" between six & seven shaves.

Mine arrived this morning along with the other bits I was waiting on.

Just given one a try in my Razorock GC .84, unsurprisingly for a Russian Gillette blade it was a good shave. Had 3 days growth and it felt sharp and smooth, didn't have any irritation or weepers.

Same here in the same razor. It reminds me of the Nacet and the now defunct Gillette Stainless in the red and white tuck. I got 5 good 2 pass shaves from 1 blade and could have probably pushed it further. I suspect that those who like the milder Gillette 'Platinum' sputtered blades will find these a tad sharp, but most should like.

First use of the Minora today. It was hard to gauge as I used it in the Henson which I'm nonplussed with. It performed the same as the KCG blade that was in there before it. The Henson is back in the rack and the Minora installed in my desert island razor, the ATT S1, for a proper assessment.
IMG_20201217_184614.jpg

First use of the Minora today. It was hard to gauge as I used it in the Henson which I'm nonplussed with. It performed the same as the KCG blade that was in there before it. The Henson is back in the rack and the Minora installed in my desert island razor, the ATT S1, for a proper assessment.
View attachment 62200

Please tell me they're bad so Im not tempted to buy any (2021 buying sabbatical fast approaching too)

View attachment 62200
The Henson seemed to be quite popular on ATG, any particular reasons why it's not working out for you so far?

The Henson seemed to be quite popular on ATG, any particular reasons why it's not working out for you so far?
Is this the Mild or Medium level Henson? :unsure:
It's the medium level version.

It works very well as a razor. Easy to use and it always delivers a good finish. It's soulless though - I don't walk away from the shaving feeling like I've really enjoyed it. There's an annoying amount of drag with it as well which I think is due to the coating and angle of the head.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom