Gillette Minora Stainless

Thanks to a tip from donnie_arko I now have 100 of these in my greasy mitts! ;) I have Minora Platinum, but I have never heard of these before and the seller said they are 2019 PPI manuf. :unsure: Will use one tomorrow.

uxbG0NK.jpg

cyj01xB.jpg

OK, used one today in my ol' reliable English "ball end" Tech that never disappoints. So as not to appear I was putting my "thumb on the scales" I refrained from using any artsy fartsy artisan soap and used an old Palmolive shave stick for objectivity. ;)

Within the first inch or so on the first stroke it was readily apparent it was a bona fide Gillette blade as the smoothness was superb. Keen blade and just another uneventful, i.e., normal, Gillette DE shave. I should give credit as well to the failsafe reliability of the Palmolive shave stick as well. Sure, it smells like your aunt's laundry room, but the SOB works like a charm. ;)

Note: I am getting ready to send over a care pckg. to "youze" guys (donnie, Boycie & Irish Russell) of obscure, rare & discod. Gillette DE blades to try. Just waiting on my Gillette London Bridge blades to clear Customs.

OK, used one today in my ol' reliable English "ball end" Tech that never disappoints. So as not to appear I was putting my "thumb on the scales" I refrained from using any artsy fartsy artisan soap and used an old Palmolive shave stick for objectivity. ;)

Within the first inch or so on the first stroke it was readily apparent it was a bona fide Gillette blade as the smoothness was superb. Keen blade and just another uneventful, i.e., normal, Gillette DE shave. I should give credit as well to the failsafe reliability of the Palmolive shave stick as well. Sure, it smells like your aunt's laundry room, but the SOB works like a charm. ;)

Note: I am getting ready to send over a care pckg. to "youze" guys (donnie, Boycie & Irish Russell) of obscure, rare & discod. Gillette DE blades to try. Just waiting on my Gillette London Bridge blades to clear Customs.

Thanks for the write up BM.

I've said it before, but I really think we live in the golden era for DE blades, in particular PPI's output. Of course certain blades from yesteryear are incredibly smooth/last a long time, but for price and consistency it's difficult to beat PPI blades (and other modern Gillettes) for quality, price and availability.

I look forward to seeing the write up for the new London Bridge blade as well (really it should be known as the Tower Bridge blade!)

New ish to De shaving , so still learning . Only minora I've seen are in a pink carton box . Are these a new version and if yes hopefully they are a lot cheaper than the pink version . Where did you buy them from ?

:unsure:..............Why don't you use them? Almost all Gillette DE blades are great and even their lowly Sputnik is a good "service" grade blade IMO. I can only think of one I didn't like: their Vietnam market Super Thin Platinum.

Super Thin's are one of my favorite blades :eek:

To be fair my shoebox of shame is mostly other brands that I've bought on a whim over the years. These days it's mainly Gillette blades that I still use, the Indian 7 o'clock blacks being my number one. I can't really think of any Gillette branded blade that hasn't been good overall.

Super Thin's are one of my favorite blades :eek:...

There are two different modern versions of the Gillette Super Thin (as well as many older and discontinued lines) as made in Shanghai, the so called Thai market one and the Vietnam market Platinum one. There is a difference. Google is your friend.

Minora Update: I have shaved two other times with this blade utilizing a RR Game Changer .68 & an English flat bottom" Tech with Fine shaving soap as well as A&E Kaizen. (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom