Gillette Fatboy Restoration

papman said:
Brilliant job sir!

Thank you, most kind.

Roy_Drage said:
Very nice, the Executive has really nice look in the Silver finish. Cheers.

Thank you, I agree, it's certainly better than the very tatty, sorry looking, bottom of the Ebay barrelled thing that turned up! Not my best purchase!

ferroburak said:
Skilful hands, also it is a nice clamp.

Thank you :)

I have recently aquired a Fatboy and I thought it's in great condition and won't need a replate.

However, the results displayed here are creating a nagging noise in my head :-/

Very well done especially the small details.

ChopperHarris said:
Great stuff - the finished article looks fantastic. Nice to see the innards of a gillette adjustable too - I'd always wondered how they hang together :)

Thanks, yes they are pretty impressively made that's for sure :)

Wha burst the ba said:
I have recently aquired a Fatboy and I thought it's in great condition and won't need a replate.

However, the results displayed here are creating a nagging noise in my head :-/

Very well done especially the small details.

Listen to the voices!!

Hi Hippo. I'm a brand new newbie on here as i've only just found this forum and this is my 1st post. I'm quite new to this DE razor thing and i'm well & truly hooked. Wish i'd found out about yourself sooner as i've purchased a Fatboy off fleabay and sent it to the razor emporium in Phoenix Arizona for a "tune-up" and blade gap adjustment. Chomping at the bit for it's return but the US postal service makes ours look like speedy gonzales. If I ever get another razor that needs some tlc, you will be my first point of call.

I would be most grateful if you or anybody else's could advice how to reinstall the crimp at the end of the reassemble. I can't get the crimp to hold. Am I supposed to do something to the crimp, or just put it in position and lightly hammer it back in?it will not hold.

Attachments

• 6C72D24C-488C-4C9F-AC90-771728B4618C.jpeg
    6C72D24C-488C-4C9F-AC90-771728B4618C.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 14
I would be most grateful if you or anybody else's could advice how to reinstall the crimp at the end of the reassemble. I can't get the crimp to hold. Am I supposed to do something to the crimp, or just put it in position and lightly hammer it back in?it will not hold.
This guy...just uses needle nosed pliers.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/how-to-late-fatboy-and-slim-disassembly.46559/

There was 'someone' selling new discs for the Fatboy/Slim some time ago. Might have been on ebay? Executive Shaving maybe?

Back
Top Bottom