Gillette Blue Tip

This is my first, doubt will be my last, TTO razor. A swap with Rik which was very much in my favour, (Cheers mate) brought it to maison Rangers.
I was looking for a mild razor that I could use day to day. This week I will have shave 11 days in a row and the old fizzer can get a bit nippy. Well! It's day 6 with this baby and my face is well shaved, conditioned and most importantly comfortable. Some reviews state that this is an equivalent to a ladies razor, perhaps if the ladies are from the Gorbals. The razor is very light (back to light versus heavy razors) I have used a Gillette Bleue and a Super Thin. Fantastic smooth shaves. I will keep using my Futur for days off, occasions, but for workday shaves, this razor comes very highly recommended.

Rik many thanks

Glad you like it Russell; it's a great little razor. Light but not flimsy. It's a great every day shaver which I preferred to a standard Superspeed. I'll keep the Red Tip in my collection though. ;-)

Paint the blue part green and you will feel better....wait a minute blue is the right colour for you. would be horrendous if they made a green tip and it was a great razor. Leaves red and white stripes and you can have a little Union Jack for novelty.

Kidding aside I agree, more aggressive is not always better day to day, this is why I love the Feather and other allegedly mild razors during the week. I usually stick to a Red IP, Crystal or other middle of the road smooth blade as well and save the edgier stuff for the weekend or when i have plenty of time.

I really regretted not snapping up the Blue Tip on the BST a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom