Gillette Adjustable Black Beauty Long Handle DE Razor First Use & Thoughts

D

Deleted member 12673

hey people so I just used my much anticipated Gillette Adjustable Black Beauty Long Handle 109 DE Razor with my favourite blade gillette nacet

so started off testing the waters and first few strokes with number one then number 3, 5 and straight to 9 and settled down on number 9,
number 9 just took everything off smoothly with ease, bare in mind im a head shaver with thick and coarse hair,
any straight onto number 7 and then to finish it off with the number 5

i've tried a fair few adjustable and this is the first adjustable that i can actually say i really enoyed it

easy going against the grain, the handle has a really nice grip plus the added bonus of a nice long hande makes the back of the head area a lot easier

i always hear of people recommending the gillette slims and fatboys but why doesnt the black beauty get as much love?

now i havent used a fatboy yet so cant compare but really impressed with the black beauty and i actually prefer it over my gillette slim adjustable tbh

what are your thoughts on this black beauty razor? any fans?

hey people so I just used my much anticipated Gillette Adjustable Black Beauty Long Handle 109 DE Razor with my favourite blade gillette nacet

so started off testing the waters and first few strokes with number one then number 3, 5 and straight to 9 and settled down on number 9,
number 9 just took everything off smoothly with ease, bare in mind im a head shaver with thick and coarse hair,
any straight onto number 7 and then to finish it off with the number 5

i've tried a fair few adjustable and this is the first adjustable that i can actually say i really enoyed it

easy going against the grain, the handle has a really nice grip plus the added bonus of a nice long hande makes the back of the head area a lot easier

i always hear of people recommending the gillette slims and fatboys but why doesnt the black beauty get as much love?

now i havent used a fatboy yet so cant compare but really impressed with the black beauty and i actually prefer it over my gillette slim adjustable tbh

what are your thoughts on this black beauty razor? any fans?
This is a razor that's on my must get one day list, I am waiting to find one that has got S2 stamped on it.
What year is it?
I am glad you are enjoying it and thank you for making me jealous lol.

This is a razor that's on my must get one day list, I am waiting to find one that has got S2 stamped on it.
What year is it?
I am glad you are enjoying it and thank you for making me jealous lol.
no idea what year it is tbh, i got it for a decent price on ebay, its not exactly mint, mint but its nice and im sure ill be using it a lot too :)

no idea what year it is tbh, i got it for a decent price on ebay, its not exactly mint, mint but its nice and im sure ill be using it a lot too :)
There will be a letter and number on the bottom of the base. A quick Google will tell you what year and quarter it was made in.

Unless you have one with a plastic base which is made in early 80's I think.

I have an R3 which is made in the 3rd quarter of 1971. My birth year.

Last edited:
There will be a letter and number on the bottom of the base. A quick Google will tell you what year and quarter it was made in.

Unless you have one with a plastic base which is made in early 80's I think.

I have an R3 which is made in the 3rd quarter of 1971. My birth year.
It says the letter W and the number 3 if I understand correctly it's 1976 of the last black beauty long handles to be made

Back
Top Bottom