Getting stuff from the UK, suggestions?

I've got my dad and his wife going to the UK next week, I've asked them to get me some OldSpice AS 150ml.

Is there anything else I should ask for? It should be available in highstreet/retail chain stores, since they don't want to "hunt".

Any suggestions, otherwise I'll just leave it at the AS.

Cheers,

Max

RB73 said:
Hi FB,

Any chance they could bring some MdC with them... ;)

Didn't think of that, shame, too late now. (they're leaving tuesday morning) I should be going to the UK myself sometime in the next few months, so I'll take note.
(if we don't get a group buy sorted before then)

FB.

hunnymonster said:
Ingram cream - readily available in Superdrug (amongst others)
Palmolive Stick
Boots Soap - widely available in Boots
Boots Stick - widely available in Boots
Boots Lather Shave Cream - widely available in Boots
Kent Shaving Soap - it's MWF, but if they pass a John Lewis, it's in there

+1

get the blue Ingrams, the green is brushless and pish
Superdrugs own brand aftershave, Forest Fresh & Clear Water
Palmolive cream

mind the OS is the new P&G stuff, not quite the old Shulton stuff, better with the Indian version
the Whitewater is nice though

got to take back some Blue Stratos as well

Depends on where they are going in the UK, take a raincoat either way.

As HM said if they are in any of the big city's there will be a John Lewis which will have Kent (MWF) and a range of Kent brushes they also have maybe one other soap but mostly else it is Kings of shaves or nothing special that you could not readily get in France.

Supermarkets will have Palmolive sticks and cream and maybe Erasmic and sometime a cheap brush.

In some of the malls there are Molton Brown outlets (again easy to get in France), if in Edinburgh or Glasgow Arran Aromatics is worth a visit <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.arran-aromatics.co.uk/index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arran-aromatics.co.uk/index.asp</a><!-- m --> not tried their soap ina longs time but it used to be really nice, Mantic was a fan but ut has had a formula change. Not cheap but they may even find something they like.

They may see markets with soapmakers, many of these will sell what they claim to be shaving soap but avoid that unless they know it is good stuff, a lot if it is nice handsoap but no good for shaving.

Where are they going and I can have a hunt around that area one the web for you?

Back
Top Bottom