German Factory Shutters

They sent out an e-mail today:

Our New Shaving Soaps are Almost Ready

Our new line will be available for pre-order in 5 fragrances – American Blend, Latigo, Aquamarine, Snake Bite and Platinum – in the next week or two (with a couple more coming in early 2021)

Made in Italy with premium ingredients, Fine's 21st Century Shave Soap embodies the pinnacle of modern soapmaking craftsmanship...

Who knows? For sure, it will start another guessing game. Regardless, I am a bigger fan of their AS's. That's not to say that their previous soap (wherever the Hell it was made) wasn't good, just that the scents of their AS's are superb.

The current perception of Italian shaving soaps is a puzzling topic IMO. On one hand you have those who say RazoRock soaps as made in Italy are middle tier at best while in the same breath at the point of apoplexy longing for Valobra. Curious matter. :unsure: I have used both and I will state that never ever did I receive a bad shave from either. It was only a few years ago that a new RazoRock soap intro was a big deal on several forums and they sold out like baseball bats in a riot!! Nowadays, due to the incredibly fickle market they get little traction.

Interesting - I wonder if that means Saponificio Bignoli or TFS will be making it?

Do TFS make triple milled soaps? On the grounds the Fine soaps were triple milled, I'd be more inclined to think SB will making them.

On one hand you have those who say RazoRock soaps as made in Italy are middle tier at best while in the same breath at the point of apoplexy longing for Valobra. Curious matter. :unsure: I have used both and I will state that never ever did I receive a bad shave from either. It was only a few years ago that a new RazoRock soap intro was a big deal on several forums and they sold out like baseball bats in a riot!! Nowadays, due to the incredibly fickle market they get little traction.

The Valobra croaps were never that highly regarded, well they weren't from what I recall when they were in production, but the hard tallow shaving soaps they made were very good, but I think they are being missed as there few hard tallow tripled shaving soaps around, especially an unscented one.
As for Razorock getting little attention, the market is fickle indeed.

Back
Top Bottom