German Factory Shutters

Ironically, they make the superb Fine Accoutrements shaving soap. :cry: Fine said in an e-mail sent today that they are looking for a new maker.

I thought the Fine soaps were made in Holland by the makers of De Vergulde Hand?

Kappus toilet soaps were very inexpensive and not very impressive. They were around €.0.60 a bar ten years ago in The Netherlands. I would say cheap and nasty, but hate kicking something when it's down.

Well i'm bloody confused are the soaps made in Germany or the Netherlands because according to the one i've just bought they're
made in the Netherlands
20201124_112650.jpg

There is a theory on another forum that the soap was made in Germany in raw form and finished in the Netherlands. That's a lot of travel for a puck of soap IMO. Of course, perhaps they were made in the Netherlands originally and then he switched to German production sometime later. In the end it doesn't really matter I guess. He has stated that he has a new maker however.

Am I certain? No.
I've also heard a lot of things.
Having said that... I'll be in Germany soon and will buy a lifetime supply of Tabac soap :)
And a couple of 300ml bottles of the aftershave, because it's much cheaper over there.

I don't even use it these days but think it would be a huge shame if they discontinued it, such an iconic product.

Back
Top Bottom