Geo F Trumper hard soaps

The Trumper hard soaps are notoriously poor performers. The lather won't be stable for long. Your best bet will be loading the brush heavily with soap then building the lather on your face. Then return to the soap for your second pass and start again. Any lather you produce in a bowl is likely to dissipate.
Not if I superlather it with a Trumper cream.

The Spanish Leather is awesome, wish they made a hard soap version of both it and wild fern.

Someone on another forum mentioned that the new Trumper soaps no longer include Potassium in it's ingredient list and that Potassium is needed for it to lather? Any idea why they would remove Potassium from their shaving soaps?

The Spanish Leather is awesome, wish they made a hard soap version of both it and wild fern.

Someone on another forum mentioned that the new Trumper soaps no longer include Potassium in it's ingredient list and that Potassium is needed for it to lather? Any idea why they would remove Potassium from their shaving soaps?
Potassium stearate is a good thing to see right near the top. The link from @Bogeyman gives a much better explanation than I can

I was worried you had posted your meth cookbook for a moment there

GA4kn0O.gif

Cliff's notes (nutshell version) for those of us with the attention span of a squirrel?

vOgJaFr.png

Cliff's notes (nutshell version) for those of us with the attention span of a squirrel?
Potassium soaps are more soluble than sodium soaps and readily produce lather. Therefore, potassium soaps are used to make liquid soap and shaving cream. Soaps from highly saturated, solid fats, such as tallow, lard, or shortening, are hard. Saponification of an unsaturated oil, such as olive oil, gives a soft soap.

Back
Top Bottom