Genesis One Blade

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
What’s everyone’s thoughts on these ?
to some they look class to some they look awful,
i know the hardened wet shaver dosent think using one of these is wet shaving lol
I personally like the look of them.
ok they are modern & not up to some peoples idea of quality however
how do they shave ?
and how is the quality?
they certainly look the part to me

Had one a few years back sold it and then bought another, they are a decent little shaver, give BBS shaves every time with ease just a bit boring I suppose takes all the skill required out of you’re hands but when in a rush they are ideal in my opinion anyway just not a lot of enjoyment to be had from them but they shave well

Had one a few years back sold it and then bought another, they are a decent little shaver, give BBS shaves every time with ease just a bit boring I suppose takes all the skill required out of you’re hands but when in a rush they are ideal in my opinion anyway just not a lot of enjoyment to be had from them but they shave well
Thanks for your reply
that was pretty much what i thought.
They are pretty expensive i guess if your not going to use it often.
Probably something i don’t need but my head is telling me i need one :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your reply
that was pretty much what i thought.
They are pretty expensive i guess if your not going to use it often.
Probably something i don’t need but my head is telling me i need one :ROFLMAO:
I picked mine up direct from oneblade in the Black Friday sale I got the gun metal with a oneblade shaving cream razor grip and blade bank thrown in £180 including delivery and no customs charge. Might be worth waiting till they have a good deal on or email them and ask if they will do you a good deal I did that years back with my original before they were available in the UK and they agreed to knock $100 off

+1 to this. They look amazing, give an amazing shave and require no concentration whatsoever. I love it.

I’m only going to echo what has already been said. The performance and quality is fantastic, exactly what you would expect from a razor in this price range. The shave itself is utterly soulless. No challenge, no concentration, it maybe the perfect tool when you’re short on time.

The Feather blades are only good for a couple of shaves but the modified GEM blades are reasonable alternative.

Certainly look at the OneBlade website or BST if your considering a purchase, the prices are very high in the UK.

I liked the design until I decided the whole business model is to sucker you into a proprietary blade habit.

If it used AC blades I'd have been tempted by the cheap one with the swivel head glued down tight (if that's possible). I'd be scared to put a sharp edge near my face if I can't control the angle.

I've been using a core for 12 months and recently upgraded to a genesis.

For me it's the safety factor that's so attractive. I have to shave every work day if I want to or not so this helps a wet shave newbie at stupid o'clock in the morning big time.

Tbh though, with my sensitive skin I get a better shave with the free DE razor with a Gillette yellow, which I got in my first Personal Barber box than even the Genesis. This is due to the fact I feel I need to go over an area more with a oneblade but again it takes longer and I'm more likely to cut myself with the DE.

As an object the genesis is a beauty, I adore the way the razor slots onto the stand and find myself picking it up for no real reason just to admire it when I'm stood in the bathroom.

I picked up both from their US store. The core came to about £20 on its own but I got as part of the black tie kit (shave cream, balm, brush, blade tin, blades) which all seemed quality.

The genesis I got lucky and picked up in a flash sale, which also allowed me to purchase as a stand alone product but for a refill plan price. I also used a voucher which it accidentally took the percentage off of the full price rather than the reduced one. This all came to £135 including shipping, tax and royal mail fee. I wouldn't pay over £200 for one. Definitely wait for black friday, fathers day sales etc if buying from the US.

If you have loads of time and shave when and where you like then maybe it's not worth it but if you want to smash out quick and easy quality shaves with no thought then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom