GEM Stainless PTFE supplier?

Hi all,

I bought myself an Ever Ready the other day and it should arrive in the next couple of days. The problem is that connaughtshaving are out of stock on the GEM Stainless Steel PTFE coated blades.

Is there another supplier in the UK where I can get these? I've searched around and found this thread - http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-14222.html - but there seems to be some doubt whether they are the same blades.

Just for those curious, I believe it is the 1912 patented version (made in the 30's?) as seen here:
attachment.php

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Micheal

Why not email the alternative supplier and ask what the exact spec is?

I have a couple of these razors and they are fantastic shavers - I use a Feather SE but you have to attach the spine from a Gem in order to stop it moving. This is pretty easy to do if you gave a vice to hold the Gem and a small screwdiver - the spines are only 'pressed' on.

You could also try a Want to Buy post in case there are people who have surplus Gems.

UKRob said:
Why not email the alternative supplier and ask what the exact spec is?

I have a couple of these razors and they are fantastic shavers - I use a Feather SE but you have to attach the spine from a Gem in order to stop it moving. This is pretty easy to do if you gave a vice to hold the Gem and a small screwdiver - the spines are only 'pressed' on.

You could also try a Want to Buy post in case there are people who have surplus Gems.

Thank you for your super quick reply!
I have fired them off an e-mail already and am waiting for a response, but I had hoped to find somewhere that sells a smaller amount in case (god forbid!) I don't like the shave.

I'll give this post a wee while to see if there is another supplier or if the one above have the right ones before I bother people with a "WTB" post!

Thanks for the suggestions!

782sirbrian said:
They seem to be in stock again....

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/gemss.html

Brian

Thanks Brian, I've placed an order with him. I also bought a pack of the feathers to see if I can make it fit the GEM spine!
He seems pretty good at re-stocking his wares.

Thanks for the heads up.

Micheal

He is almost a mind reader. Occasionally I think Paul just gets a feeling, posts an order out and then a few hours later you happen to place that exact order. Never failed to get next day delivery and always so well packaged. Top chap to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom