Gave Etsy Link a look through as a change from E-bay and came up with this

GemOCM.jpg

It arrived yesterday (10 days) no problems
GemOCM1.jpg

and WoW ! what a close shave
GemOCM2.jpg

lather - shave down, only using weight of Razor
GemOCM3.jpg

re-lather - shave diagonal, and that's it ! It's nice and heavy at 2.5 Oz. but well balanced, just thought I'd share
cheers all Danny

You'll get hooked if you're not careful!!! You'll just be looking and see the closed comb and say 'I should try that one.' Then the 1912's and then the the 'bull's eye' micromatic.... Then ... Is the 1912 Star any different then the Gem????
And after about 20 of them you'll run out of space... But there's still more!!!

Hiya,

Ran into a few of these SE blades a while ago and did a little reading up on em. From what I understand, these are the first blades designed just for the Micromatic model.

Man, they weigh about twice what a regular SE blade does. Never tried one because I don't use a SE razor (except for an injector).

Hope you enjoy the pics

Attachments

• Gem blade 001 (Small).jpg
    Gem blade 001 (Small).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Gem blade 002 (Small).jpg
    Gem blade 002 (Small).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Gem blade 003 (Small).jpg
    Gem blade 003 (Small).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 17
RE: Blade weight

Hi Dodgy, I've only a couple of "old" blades, which came with razor's, but after reading your post I weighed them on a set of Hornady (re-loading) powder scales (7000 grain = 1 Lb.) and came up with :-

Ever Ready Corrux ----------------------- 64.4 grains
Ever Ready Premium ------------------- 41.5 grains
Gem stainless PTFE (Connought's) - 24.6 grains

SEBlades.jpg

the Corrux has no cut-outs and feels really solid, the white on the ER Premium is wax
cheers Danny

Johnus said:
You'll get hooked if you're not careful!!! You'll just be looking and see the closed comb and say 'I should try that one.' Then the 1912's and then the the 'bull's eye' micromatic.... Then ... Is the 1912 Star any different then the Gem????
And after about 20 of them you'll run out of space... But there's still more!!!

Thank's Johnus, but your warning's just a little too late !

Razorssofar.jpg

But having only used two Razors in the last 50 years, a Gillette 3 piece (20 years) and a Slim adj. (on tray, 30 years)
I've changed my Shaving outlook from Chore to Pleasure in the last few months --- having time is Great !
cheers Danny

Hi Danny,

I bought my OC Micromatic from that same lady. Mine came with two original blades and the cardboard, dummy "blade" still in the razor. I've only used it three times so far, as I am experimenting with different Schick injector models, but it does give a REALLY close shave.

Cheers,

Gordon

Favorite SE.

I haven't shaved with it yet but the Gem micromatic OC looks and feels the business with it's more reassuring location pimple and TTO. Do any ever-ready's have the same funtions?

Back
Top Bottom