GEM 1912

Was on a drive down east coast of Scotland today, stopped at a nice seaside town, seen a small brik-a-brack shop and what did I find,a dirty black looking Evr-Ready 1912, £5, the lady says she thinks she has more in a box somewhare, I gave her my number and told her to phone if she found them. Got a call a short time ago,she has found the box in her house celler, has about 50 mixed razors plus old brushes,how much I asked, how about £100 the lot. I am on my way tomorow,I might be in for a treat or a bit of a ride, will keep informed. The rezor I got is cleaning up nice,the box needed a good polish,razor through sonic cleaner,now to give it a good buff up

Was on a drive down east coast of Scotland today, stopped at a nice seaside town, seen a small brik-a-brack shop and what did I find,a dirty black looking Evr-Ready 1912, £5, the lady says she thinks she has more in a box somewhare, I gave her my number and told her to phone if she found them. Got a call a short time ago,she has found the box in her house celler, has about 50 mixed razors plus old brushes,how much I asked, how about £100 the lot. I am on my way tomorow,I might be in for a treat or a bit of a ride, will keep informed. The rezor I got is cleaning up nice,the box needed a good polish,razor through sonic cleaner,now to give it a good buff up
This reminds me of my uni days - my housemate decided he had to try a straight razor after watching The Man Who Would Be King :oops: We tried a few barbers around town (North Wales, nineties, not known for stocking such things) and all we got were strange looks and accusations of wanting one as a weapon for the footie matches :rolleyes:
Anyway a call to the old school tobacconist, with his 400 flavours of tobacco and numerous snuffs etc. led us to an Aladdin's cave - the store room was a time warp of piles of 70's Wrangler jeans calendars, crumpled boxes full of old bottles of Denim, Brut etc of around the same age and a few boxes brought down from high on the shelves full of straight razors! How I wish he was still there now....
So my friend selected one, we headed back and after a quick rinse he jumped straight in. Suffice to say it was not pleasant, claret was spilled and his idea of cultivating those Sean Connery mutton chops coupled with a blemish-free 19th century shave was quickly binned in favour of returning to his Gillette Sensoro_O

Back
Top Bottom