Gauging interest in an Akkerman Ink group buy? *UK only*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunnymonster said:
Sure. It'll happen when I'm certain the inept temps the Royal Mail hired over Christmas have been jottered... And when work calms down a bit...

Cheers mate - I fancy a purple ink and was wondering whether to wait a while for some from this group buy or whether to get some from elsewhere.

OK enough expressions of interest... Need to think about the packaging for posting it out... Also if there's any interest in sacrificing 25-30ml of your chosen colour to get 5-6 samples in other colours (better think about the 5ml sample containers too then).

Judging by what I read elsewhere there's a non-zero risk that at least one bottle will smash between Akkerman's and the UK too... So for onward posting it may be wise to decant it from the glass, separate the marble and put in to a plastic bottle/bottles... (Better think about sourcing some 50/100/150ml plastic bottles)

When it comes down to it, payment options will be Paypal (you pay the fees) or bank transfer... But nothing yet. I'm in the middle of a manic period at work :(

Well, perhaps I can volunteer to arrange collection from Holland and delivery to your home address (or wherever) - I'm a logistics manager and use a friendly freight forwarder who I'm sure would do me a reasonable "mates rate".

Getting it here and posting it out logistically isn't the issue... Its making as sure as possible that ham-fisted eejits in the logistics firms can't screw it up for us all (and I know glass breakage is specifically excluded from RM's we-smashed-or-lost-your-package claim process...)

Hello, I found this forum by Googling akkerman ink uk - and discovered a forum about one of my favourite things - shaving! I have wanted Akkerman ink for a while, but the postage price put me off. So I would be interetsed and happy to sacrifice some ink for samples
Adam

Re: RE: Gauging interest in an Akkerman Ink group buy? *UK only*

chris.hale said:
Since the death of my beloved Mont Blanc Midnight Blue I'm thinking a bottle of Akkerman's no. 10 might fill the void.

I love both, but they are different inks!

I'm in love with the #10 Akkerman ;)

I have 4 Akkerman bottles; washable blue, royal blue, iron gall, and turquoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom