Futur Addict

Any other "Futur Addicts" out there? I currently have FOUR - (one of each:satin/chrome/gold finished),brand new and boxed,and a satin that I use,@ number 5,with Derby blade,for my daily shave.
First pass,WTG using a Merkur 34 HD,then a re-lather,second pass using the Futur (No.5),WTG - to eliminate any misses.Perfect mirror finish face!No stubble/razor burn/rash.
Apart from being a first class cutter,the Futur is an engineering work-of-art! How can you NOT love this razor.
Learn the technique...use NO pressure at all...take your time...lather well...and a baby bottom,nick free visage can be yours.If new to the "beast" - start at number 1,and GRADUALLY work your way to a slightly more aggressive shave - DO NOT RUSH! I honestly believe this is where the criticism of the Futur arises from.
Eccentric?...Of course! Aren't all Brits? But you have got to hand it to our Germanic cousins - they produce a simply beautiful piece of kit!
Lock me up now! I just KNOW that if Merkur make a bright red aluminum Futur - I will end up owning FIVE!...I NEED HELP!
Best Wishes to all for Christmas - And have a Great New Year,
Alan.

I gave my Futur away some time ago, nothing wrong with the razor per se, I just never took to it because of its weight. Although I gladly concede that it's beautifully engineered. Only razor I ever tried which was heavier was a Vision.............. gosh that would give you forearms like Popeye !

JohnnyO. :geek:

One of the very few razors I've never been tempted to try.

Seems some folk enjoy them though.

Horses for courses.

Enjoy.

antdad said:
How can they be that great Alan, you do the first pass with an HD? You're not related to Bruce are you?

Yup, he certainly sounds eccentric. Can't see the point in using two different razors for one shave. What next, soap for the first pass and cream for the rest?! :lol:

Pig Cat said:
antdad said:
How can they be that great Alan, you do the first pass with an HD? You're not related to Bruce are you?

Yup, he certainly sounds eccentric. Can't see the point in using two different razors for one shave. What next, soap for the first pass and cream for the rest?! :lol:

Its just a matter of time before Chip Spalding and UK Jimmy get in on the act.

antdad said:
Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

Its just a matter of time before Chip Spalding and UK Jimmy get in on the act.

Dat's an option

Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

Good idea Adam. I'll maybe give it a try ;)

PaulH said:
IanM said:
They're nice razors, but one is enough for me.

Ian
One is enough for me too, but if it ever gets stolen or lost :shock: it will be replaced immediately
I used to be rather like this, these days Im less obsessive and hoard less. I keep thinking about what my poor family will have to sift through once Im gone.
Except blades.
I must keep buying decent DE blades
Soon there will be none left and I will have to buy Derbys....

On my second day of ever DE shaving with one of these.

I'll get used to it one day I'm sure. Face after is tingling but I'll put that down to me being a novice and not shaving that often anyway

If they ever do other anodised colours I may well be up for them

I hate to admit it it, but as much as I like the great variety of razors out there, I always find myself comparing them to the EFFECTIVENESS of the Futur! It is the real deal in DE shaving!

Back
Top Bottom