Fury every shave at loss of boar bristles !

I'm confused, are synthetic brushes better than boar?
That's a big question, which should create a range of answers. I have a semogue boar which is fantastic, equally I like my synths over any badger brushes I possess. Possibly not that helpful..... Over to others for their views. I'd say they were at least on par.....but that's just me.

Hell freakin' no!!! Either too springy or too soft, flicky flicky or useless fluff ball! Don't let these fellas mess you up, all roads lead to boar, some folks just take the long way around.

For every brush that disappears she loses two pairs of shoes!

Are some of these brushes Zenith?
One of them has a modified extra tall Zenith knot, but I use vintage handles and brushes. If for some reason I was restricted to only new brushes I would have Zenith unbleached boar.

zenith-unbleached-bristle-olive-wood-handle-506u-xse.jpg

zenith-unbleached-bristle-olive-wood-handle-507u-xse.jpg

No one can definitively tell you what brush is best for you. You need to try the options out for yourself and then decide what "YOU" like best.
I personally like using synthetic, badger & boar brushes.

The first line in this thread was "I was wondering , is there a shaving brush which you've used or would recommend that doesn't shed?"

Synthetic.

Having to pre-soak a boar brush before
you shave, against loading and lathering with a synthetic? - of course they are better - but only of you get on with them better.
YMMV, (personal preference) is always at play - especially in traditional shaving.

I’m a confirmed lover of boar knots and would never be without a good few. If there was only one knot type I could have then boar would be it.

That said I do like the modern synthetic options too. My Simpson Chubby 2 is a real favourite but I’m favouring the AP Shave knots nowadays. The Cashmere I used today is excellent but there’s better in the form of the G5C knots.

Additionally, I like a nice badger and favour 24 to 26mm knots especially a decent two-band. Badger brushes are fantastic at storing water and a good one will create a mass of lather and still release it well enough.

Experiment and discover what YOU like. Be guided by your own desires, opinions, motivations, morals and preferences. Read everything here as useful, educated, expert and at times, sage advice. The key thing is that advice is there for the taking or leaving and it is you who decides which direction to take.

Don’t forget to have fun along the way!

Back
Top Bottom