Fresh member of "The Cueball Club"

For me this was a rather hasty decision. I had been aware of my thinning hair for some time and drone pictures at work had given me a good(?) look at it from all angles. But I was never really bothered about it, so shaving it off had never been on the table. The other day I was going to my favorite hair dresser but she was closed. I didn't look forward to go to someone else as I'm so used to say 'as usual'... and her telephone number didn't work so I became worried that she had closed permanently. The next day I saw my wife watching videos with people leaving their "sorrows" behind on the YouTube channel BaldCafe... and that was the only thing I needed. A couple of days prior to it I hadn't even considered it... and a few hours later a whole row of problems had been solved. It feels so deliberating and my daughters think I look super cool... like Bruce Willis. So I have no regrets whatsoever. It rather feels like I should have done it years ago.

And I discovered that it will be something fun with it too... not just "peeling it off". What I didn't know before was that it's a real science, so many ways to do it and not to do it and so many things to do it with and... and...

It will become like a new hobby, with new toys, trying and learning and develop new skills.

Last edited:
And then the big hole appears and swallows up all your money

Welcome to TSR

I know if I did the same and my family said I looked cool, they'd be taking the piss out of me
Cost comes with every new hobby, wether it's gear for fishing, books for reading or accessories for shaving. If it's worth it is something you see later. But I still like to both fish and read, so I'm glad I didn't stop that before trying them out.

Welcome to TSR. @MrSweck

Every one who is balding can relate to this posting...Each week i "no guard" buzz-cut my barnet "all year round" with my hair clippers" and once a month i do a full dome/head shave I like the "follically challenged look", it also saves me a fortune on hair products..

It was my Turkish barber who encouraged me to buy a pair of hair clippers, and buzz-cut myself...I started on a no.1 for while then by mistake i forgot to put the guard on and used "no guard" which to be honest was near the same...I've done this for 3 years...However, the last few months i've done my dome/ head shave weekly instead of monthly which i like ,probably due to the weather temperatures we've had in the UK this year.

I've commented on hair loss many times, and like every man ,i admit i did try to fight my hair loss for years, but once it starts to go '"let it go mate"...A close mate of mine grew a ponytail to try and hide his baldness, which looked even worse, I told him "When you lift a ponytail up, what do you see?.."..You see an arsehole!....On a serious note, It's stupidly pointless IMHO been a 'Walter Wiggy', a 'Bobby Comb-over', or a Toupee Tommy, keep grabbing that Male-Pattern Baldness hairline by the balls and buzz it away,....you'll feel much better for it, once you've had the courage to do so....Your hair is just a very small insignificant percentage of you...'Remember It's always better to look bald, than balding...Keep it bald, keep it smooth.

Yours-Barry.

Last edited:
What I didn't know anything about was the width of the actual procedure and head care. The way I had seen this was "In the future my hair will be cut by myself"... but it apparently wasn't the one-step procedure ("1: Shave off") that I had expected. It was a whole list of pre's and post's that popped up together with it... things my "old head" (in my eyes) had never required... even terms I had never heard before. I will need a set of post-it notes with tutorials on the bathroom mirror for a while.

For something I thought would be easy I felt more "I noo notting"...

Last edited: