Free blade sampler for a Newbie to DE**GONE**

Right then , first Newbie to PM me their address (and by Newbie I mean posted their first post in the welcome forum from the 01/11/2012 onwards) will receive a free selection of 50 to a 100 DE blades , all quality and some blades of a type you will not find in a "shop bought" sampler .

Derrick

Sorry,U.K.only

RE: Free blade sampler for a Newbie to DE

PM sent.

Strangely, just nipped on here to find some inspiration about what blades to try.

Going to stick with my Derbys for a while longer as I gather while not the best, they are more forgiving to a complete newbie learning his technique. I then planned to move onto Astra Greens and maybe one day be brave enough for a feather. I have the Derbys, Astra greens, and feathers and though it may be an idea to try some other blades around the Astra's and everyone seems to have their own favourite.

RE: Free blade sampler for a Newbie to DE

The Geordie Shaver said:
Congratulations Mark (Xenton) they are all yours , you will be O.K. I have not put any Derby blades in .
Hopefully they will be with you mid week .

Derrick

Wow!

Many thanks for your kindness and generosity. Any tips on which ones are more forgiving and which ones are best left till my technique is much improved?

You got some Israeli Reds in there Mark , so called because they used to come in red wrappers , now white wrappers and a white plastic case with a light blue cardboard insert with Personna on it , look out for these ones , pretty smooth blades in my book and well worth a try .

Derrick

Waiting for me when I got home today:

[attachment=6008]

My alum block from the big river and my blade spelt from The Geordie Shaver, massive thanks to you sir, most generous and very kind.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352830174.343305.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352830174.343305.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 33
Tried a supermax platinum the other day and was not impressed, tugged a lot, but I also changed shave cream, so lesson learned only change one thing at a time. Had another go with my usual TOOBS and it was much better. Then went back to an Astra green today, and thought the Astra was much better. But then my technique is constantly improving still atm. I now find I can pull my skin tighter and shaving mostly WTG but sometimes at a slight angle to it I can now get BBS with the Astra with 2 passes.

So ATM the supermax is between the Derby and the Astra.

Very good offer and glad you're enjoying the 'testing' phase. The Green Gillette Super Stainless are worth a shot as well as the Personna Super blades which are meant to be very good.

Back
Top Bottom