Fountain Pen for Grandson

Brian you can get an adapter for the preppy

Does that allow you to use a converter? II suspect that converter plus adapter would be too long for the barrel. The adapter allows the use of International cartridges which are quite short.

Does that allow you to use a converter? II suspect that converter plus adapter would be too long for the barrel. The adapter allows the use of International cartridges which are quite short.
It fits fine!
Preppy with adapter and converter (standard size) beside a Prefounte with a Platinum cartridge. The barrels and nib sections are interchangeable between the two models, Prefounte is a bit more stylish.
IMG_20210531_231731.jpg
IMG_20210531_232337.jpg

If he goes to the kind of school I went to, more chance of making it home alive with an ordinary pen ;)
Haha same! My parents moved area and dumped me in the local comp with a shiny pair of brogues, leather briefcase and Shaeffer fountain pen. That and my accent provided the rest of them (tracky bottoms, books in a Tesco bag) with plenty ammo.

Since then I buy my pens from Heinnie Haynes ... You can write upside down in space, slice seat belts and break windows with them.

@BigBruce .... I think that I am going to have to push the Ignore button on you. You have been costing me money. First it was lamy and now it's Platinum. A couple of Preppys and adapters are winging their way to me now. I have a collection of converters I can try so (fingers crossed) I will get something which works!
Glad to be of assistance..... :ROFLMAO:
I can recommend some nice whiskies as wello_O

Folks - very many thanks for your replies and suggestions. I have just bought the Al-Star, some refills, a converter AND a Kuru Toga pencil (as suggested, but also as I use one too!) - all from Cult Pens, who I have used before.

Let's hope I won't be in too much trouble from D-i-L, but the Lamy blue is supposed to be washable - honest!

Back
Top Bottom