Fountain Pen for Grandson

There is a pen seller in Shewsbury who tells me that the most popular pen for children is the Lamy Safari, it is tough and if the nib gets bent the replacements are readily available and cheap. Also plenty of colour choices. You may need to buy a good supply of cartridges and take the time to explain that only Lamy cartridges will fit.

Grandma.jpg

There is a pen seller in Shewsbury who tells me that the most popular pen for children is the Lamy Safari, it is tough and if the nib gets bent the replacements are readily available and cheap. Also plenty of colour choices. You may need to buy a good supply of cartridges and take the time to explain that only Lamy cartridges will fit.

View attachment 79656
I'm not surprised. I've got one, and it's withstood some hard use. The nibs are easy to replace, although they're pretty durable, but perhaps not up to carving initials on school desks (or whatever has replaced that nowadays). I see that they come in a dazzling range of colours as well.

I'm not surprised. I've got one, and it's withstood some hard use. The nibs are easy to replace, although they're pretty durable, but perhaps not up to carving initials on school desks (or whatever has replaced that nowadays). I see that they come in a dazzling range of colours as well.

It is the practice for school friends to buy pens in different colours, they swap caps to show that they are best friends.

Top Bottom