Fountain Ink Pen Acquisitions

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
You must tell me all about it, country of origin, age, etc.

Paul.
I have no idea, I thought it was European, very Poirot. Its unused, the Cork pads in the lids are still intact. The pen screws apart and can hold the spare nibs, that's where I found them. The box is vintage cardboard, there are no makers marks on it, on the nibs under the loupe it has 63 HIRO 1/2, so it could be Austrian? Maybe a Carl Kuhn & Co, which would be pretty cool.
Any help ID'ing would be great.

Screenshot_20210703-185352_Chrome.jpg

You must tell me all about it, country of origin, age, etc.

Paul.
That's a super find.

I have my grandfather's escritoire, where the top "drawer" folds down for a desk, with lots of small drawers and pigeonholes. The remaining three drawers below are handy for storing ink, snuff, many pen boxes and a host of other junk. I'll try to post a photo once I have tidied it up and relocated the stuff my wife has sneaked into it.

I have no idea, I thought it was European, very Poirot. Its unused, the Cork pads in the lids are still intact. The pen screws apart and can hold the spare nibs, that's where I found them. The box is vintage cardboard, there are no makers marks on it, on the nibs under the loupe it has 63 HIRO 1/2, so it could be Austrian? Maybe a Carl Kuhn & Co, which would be pretty cool.
Any help ID'ing would be great.

View attachment 72898
I have no idea to be honest, but one of the forums that deal with pens and suchlike would be the best place to ask.
Stunning set though.

Paul.

Top Bottom