Fountain Ink Pen Acquisitions

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
You must tell me all about it, country of origin, age, etc.

Paul.
I have no idea, I thought it was European, very Poirot. Its unused, the Cork pads in the lids are still intact. The pen screws apart and can hold the spare nibs, that's where I found them. The box is vintage cardboard, there are no makers marks on it, on the nibs under the loupe it has 63 HIRO 1/2, so it could be Austrian? Maybe a Carl Kuhn & Co, which would be pretty cool.
Any help ID'ing would be great.

Screenshot_20210703-185352_Chrome.jpg

You must tell me all about it, country of origin, age, etc.

Paul.
That's a super find.

I have my grandfather's escritoire, where the top "drawer" folds down for a desk, with lots of small drawers and pigeonholes. The remaining three drawers below are handy for storing ink, snuff, many pen boxes and a host of other junk. I'll try to post a photo once I have tidied it up and relocated the stuff my wife has sneaked into it.

I have no idea, I thought it was European, very Poirot. Its unused, the Cork pads in the lids are still intact. The pen screws apart and can hold the spare nibs, that's where I found them. The box is vintage cardboard, there are no makers marks on it, on the nibs under the loupe it has 63 HIRO 1/2, so it could be Austrian? Maybe a Carl Kuhn & Co, which would be pretty cool.
Any help ID'ing would be great.

View attachment 72898
I have no idea to be honest, but one of the forums that deal with pens and suchlike would be the best place to ask.
Stunning set though.

Paul.

Just came across this thread and was amazed and thrilled to see that I'm not the only person in Britain who still uses a fountain pen. I have a battered cheap old Parker that I couple up with blue/black ink cartridges and still love using it.

I've always thought it adds a touch of class to proceedings !

Attachments

• IMG_20210812_013245843.jpg
    IMG_20210812_013245843.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 6
Evidently, "the wish is father to the thought", or something like that.

The postman has just delivered my Osprey pen from the USA. It comes with the two bronze nibs, sections and feeds, in a handsome box with a magnetic flap. Also with it is a "Nib Block Kit", which contains a bobbin-type tool for pressing nibs in and out of feeds and sections, a piece of red rubber gripper, another tool (purpose as yet undetermined), a sample of Noodler's ink and a comprehensive instruction leaflet.

I can't wait to get it all set up.
Osprey_Milano-M5000002.jpg Osprey_Milano-M5000005.jpg

Edit:
It also includes a Zebra nib in its own section and ebonite feed, so three nibs in all. The first bronze nib to try is as wet and flexes as much as the gold flex nibs on my vintage Mentmores etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom