Forged in fire

Evening all,
Has anyone here watched forged in fire?

I recently started really getting into it, but I’ve only seen clips of bits on Facebook. It’s quite interesting to watch, and might appeal to people on here particularly the straight razor guys.

The chap who does the “kill tests”, Doug Marcaido I think his name is, is quite amusing particularly his odd pronunciation of ‘kill’ when he gets a little excited with a blade!

I did use to watch it a while ago. Well partially watching whilst doing other things but yeah. Probably seen up to somewhere around season 6.

me and my girlfriend always have a good laugh at his pronouncing of it. ‘It will keel’ :D love it.

All major knife production in the USA went to China for cost/profit reasons (obviously) with rare exceptions. In the marketplace there are however some artisans who cater to the "Chairborne" Commandos and various other wannabes who have fantasies of their plane going down in the jungle and somehow surviving by the mere possession of a custom knife. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

That show is what an artisan razor show would be if there were one. :)

All major knife production in the USA went to China for cost/profit reasons (obviously) with rare exceptions. In the marketplace there are however some artisans who cater to the "Chairborne" Commandos and various other wannabes who have fantasies of their plane going down in the jungle and somehow surviving by the mere possession of a custom knife. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

That show is what an artisan razor show would be if there were one. :)
Great description!

:ROFLMAO:

It's a great show and I've watched most of the episodes. I must admit that I'm not too keen on the new presenter; Will Willis was far better.

Great comment @Bogeyman - the show does, though, have an educational value in terms of material selection, forging techniques and edge design. I've certainly used it to explain the martial arts I teach with a greater level of understanding than I had before watching the show.

Great comment @Bogeyman - the show does, though, have an educational value in terms of material selection, forging techniques and edge design. I've certainly used it to explain the martial arts I teach with a greater level of understanding than I had before watching the show.

Thanks.

The cruel truth is the age of custom forged cutlery has gone the way of the musket with the advent of modern "super" steels that are beyond belief. Buy a Fällkniven and be done with it.

This thread was worth it just for "chairborne commandos", AKA "Walts" after Walter Mitty according to my pals in the services.

yFpp6Zi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom