Follow on help..

Hello everyone.
This is a update post along with some more help needed..
Posted a little while back and got some really helpful replies and even a razor and other essentials lent to me which I’m very grateful.

After trying different methods I still can’t budge the razor bumps etc on the right side of my neck, when I let the hair grow in that area that is doesn’t have a single direction and it’s quite middle. When I lather up it’s the only part that stick out particularly and it’s quite frustrating to have really progressed except this part.

also I notice then when I shower or get my neck wet hours after shaving it gets quite red again so not sure if that’s a common occurrence.
Will attach images but my neck looks a little redder generally as work shirts/wearing a mask is back etc

many thanks everyone (2nd image is the other side where I have no problem shaving in comparison to the other)

Attachments

• 93D5867E-70AD-42BD-9DAB-62D9A125366C.jpeg
    93D5867E-70AD-42BD-9DAB-62D9A125366C.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 17
  • 6AEA71C2-F875-4A0D-8310-151C3E8AE81D.jpeg
    6AEA71C2-F875-4A0D-8310-151C3E8AE81D.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 17
I used to get similar rash in same place from using electric or cartridge shavers.

DE shaving has helped a lot, but still get it very occasionally and i have realised that when shaving the neck with a DE its very easy to inadvertently tilt the razor via forearm / wrist and so change the shaving angle and then the razor either digs in or scrapes at the skin.

I can get a better shave by focusing on keeping wrist in same position and move arm carefully at elbow / shoulder, so as to keep the shaving angle the same throughout.

I think, in my experience, the bumps are a bit of a vicious circle really - they appear when you shave badly and only disappear after a few smooth shaves.

This might seem a bit of an odd suggestion, but when I shaved with a safety razor, (straight razor user now), I believe it made a perceptible difference. Experiment with using your off-hand - so if you predominantly shave right-handed, use your left on the problem areas. Might take a couple of shaves to get used to it. But I believe it kind of subtly changed my shaving angle and the direction of razor travel, as well as the pressure I applied. Probably worth a try?

Mike

Back
Top Bottom