Floid vs Proraso

I'm on the verge of ordering Proraso after shave as I have a sample that I tried and really like!

Can anyone tell how the Floid Blue compares to it? What is the original Floid like that Connaught call "The Genuine"?

I've read the review of the blue one on B&B but was looking for views here.

I can buy a sample from Connaught to try but if it's not the same I'm not sure it's worth buying.

Any brief reviews if you use it?

Thanks

Nigel

Floid is more blue, less green. More classic barbershop/AV type scent - perhaps with a hint of Pinaud Clubman thrown in; less mentholly. Out of the two I'd go for Floid Blue - ironically I don't have any but do have Proraso :roll:

Floid Genuine is more....orange. I can't really decsribe it. I prefer Blue to Genuine and Genuine to Proraso.

Quick and subjective. :)

Precisely what I wanted! Thanks again Rik I will get there in the end. having tried Proraso I think I will order a sample from Connaught and that way I can compare directly. Unfortunately my wife has sensitive sinuses so I can't wear a lingering AS when she's around. The Proraso is good in that respect as the scent quickly fades.

Cheers

If my wife had a sensitivity to strong or unusual scents we would not have ever got married, I have always used distinctive scents even back in cartridge days it was Fahrenheit or something with a kick to it.

Proraso is good, even under Floid, you can use Proraso just as a "right after shaving" splash and the scent of Fliod when ready to go out. I haven't really found anything that Proraso conflicts with but it is at least a half hour before any scent is applied after using Proraso.

Of the two Fliods I prefer the blue.

I haven't tried the blue but the original I found quite long lasting.People describe it as 'powdery'.I didn't really know what they meant by that until I got some, it does remind me of a talcum powder.

James

The Floid has a nicer scent to it I would have to say but I think I prefer the Proraso for the menthol effect it gives. The floid didn't seem, to me anyway, to have such a strong cooling effect. I waiting to compare them to Aqua Velva which fingers crossed should arrive today!

As an aside the Omega is no more menthol than the Proraso :(

Of the two, I'd choose Proraso every time. Great, fresh scent; cooling; soothing (after a bit of initial sting) - just plain good. I used to alternate between Trumper's skinfood and Proraso balm, which are both excellent. But the Proraso splash has eclipsed them both.

Yes having tried them both now I much prefer the Proraso, however have now moved on to trying Aqua Velva courtesy of Damian Murphy. In actual fact it was Damian who sent me the sample of Floid so I must stop asking now poor man!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom