Fleur Du Male

I was given a bottle of Gaultiers Fleur Du Male edt,has anyone else tried this.Smells more like a womans perfume than a mans to me.I was given it free seems my friends husband wont wear it.I have only tried it on the back of my hand so dont know what the full effect would be.

Yep, the girlier fragrances do suit certain men. I'm no expert but scents react differently with different skin types and the smell can vary between people. Also you sometimes get very butch chaps using what to me smell like girly scents. They are so hard that nobody is going to tell them they smell like a big girl's blouse. :roll:

< thinks: what is Vinny's opinion on this? > ;)

Actually, when I tried it I didn't think it was too bad.

It had a touch of the Hammam Bouquet (Penhaligon's) about it. Musky Rose, but not done in a girly way.

Yeah, yeah. so Hammam isn't exactly 'macho' but it is good and has stood the test of time.

It might shock some of you to learn that one of the fragrances I've been looking for for a while is Chanel's Cuir De Russie - yep, a tart's perfume.

I've worn Penhaligon's Bluebell and Guerlain's L'Heure Blue too.

Now, I'm just off to bend some 6" nails !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two more "tart's" scents also from Chanel I am looking at getting are Bois des Îles and Sycomore. Both smell very masculine to me.

OK so who's "man" enough to tell me different?

Floral scents aren't just for girls, I wear lavender aftershave quite often on nice days.

If you're super manly, hetero and butch (like what I am), you don't need to be broadcasting on the sandalwood channel all the time. ;)

Seriously, splash a bit on and give it a try, and see how it suits you. Ask your family if they like it.

One of the most interesting things about fragrances (for me) is the fact that they change over time once they're on your skin.

Vinny used Hammam as an example, and when this first goes on, it is really quite floral and Rosey, but as the day goes on, it's gets more manly, even to the point where the rose element has almost gone, and the musk (and whatever else) reminds me of pipe smoke!

I think that you need to wear a scent for an entire day before you can really form an opinion.

Ian

Is this the one the thread is about?

LemaleGaultier.jpg

My wife bought me a bottle of this stuff a while ago. She loves it. It's nice but too sweet for me, and boy is it strong!

It really sticks to your clothes and if you are looking for a definition of sillage, then spray some of this on.

Smell The Glove said:
Is this the one the thread is about?

LemaleGaultier.jpg

My wife bought me a bottle of this stuff a while ago. She loves it. It's nice but too sweet for me, and boy is it strong!

It really sticks to your clothes and if you are looking for a definition of sillage, then spray some of this on.

That is Le Male.

The one the thread is about is in a white bottle.

I've got 1/4 bottle of that blue one - yep Missus loves it - smells like Body Kouros and Ghost Man - and she likes both of those too.

IanM said:
One of the most interesting things about fragrances (for me) is the fact that they change over time once they're on your skin.

The best example of this I have ever personally witnessed would be either Knize Ten Edt or Chanel Egoiste.

Many moons ago an old girlfriend kept dropping hints that she liked Le Male. Therefore, I went out and purchased a bottle (without trying a freebie spray in the store first-silly me!). Back home, I tried a few sprays and the smell stuck with me for many days-I hated the stuff. I ended up giving it away. Of course the girlfriend was not impressed and it all fizzled out between us. Ah well!

These days I like Fahrenheit by Dior during special occasions. It smells like the inside of a North American garage circa 1950, and is just intense. It also puts me in a great mood which is an important feature of my aftershave/edt use. The current lady in my life just loves it when I am using Fahrenheit.

Bathroom Recluse said:
These days I like Fahrenheit by Dior during special occasions. It smells like the inside of a North American garage circa 1950, and is just intense. It also puts me in a great mood which is an important feature of my aftershave/edt use. The current lady in my life just loves it when I am using Fahrenheit.

Try Geo F Trumper Violet shaving soap.

Should go very well with Fahrenheit.

Back
Top Bottom