Flair tip Rocket

Got one of these of the bay and it arrived in the post today. (Sorry cannot post photos).
Cleaned it up with some bar keepers friend, not that it really needed it - looks great, absolutely no plate loss, but I think it could be shinier.
Any recommendations as to what I could polish it with?
What are people's thoughts on these razors - are they agressive/ mild, say compared to a HD. The blade gap doesnt look scary at all.
This is only my second vintage, but I am really looking forward to shaving with this one later today.

Cheers

I got one of these, really like it, it's in my normal rota, together with the Merkur 34C.
I boiled mine in a saucepan with baking soda for about 5 minutes, then brushed it with a old toothbrush, and cooked it again, it's almost new now :D

FB.

Cheers for info guys. I shaved with it.. and I love it.

Gave it another clean with some bathroom cleaner thats quite 'muscular' ;) . I have read that is the same as the scrubbing bubbles in the US? Anyway, I think it helped, and then I gave it good going over in oil/teflon spray ( some bike related stuff I have - not WD40) and left it. Seems to have taken on a bit more of a sheen, and also seems to have removed some 'gunk' from the TTO mechanism. That should do for now I reckon.

I polished mine with some silvio from tescos. Its not an aggesive razor very mild and they give a very comfortable shave 3 passes and you'll have a DFS. I use a soft tooth brush on it to remove the dry shaving cream when I change blades so after every 3 shaves.

Flare tip rockets are a great razors enjoy. :shave :D

Back
Top Bottom