Fitted Sheets

I like wooly things and I've always wondered if the duvets were worth it. I've got a cheap feather 10.5 tog for winter and a synthetic 4.5 tog for when it's warmer. I should look into them.

Just go for it. I could not believe how good wool is at regulating temperature. But aye if it's hot it will cool you down, if it's cold it will heat you up.
A perfect temperature regulator.

I like wooly things and I've always wondered if the duvets were worth it. I've got a cheap feather 10.5 tog for winter and a synthetic 4.5 tog for when it's warmer. I should look into them.
Absolutely worth it, I have one and have never looked back at those synthetic fibre fill duvets.
I've also got a wool mattress topper from Devon Duvets and it's fantastic, not cheap but fantastic!
I also have a wool fill pillow, really good!
Paul

Well I ordered 2 pillow cases and a flat sheet from Feather and Black as I was impressed with their fitted sheet. My other half has bought a Frette Poplin fitted sheet as belated birthday present.

I have unwrapped the Dusk and Feather and Black fitted sheets, they both feel great. Almost like very expensive shirts. I shall wash them tomorrow and hopefully have one on the bed tomorrow evening or the weekend.

View attachment 84732
The Dusk sheet after a few washes no longer has a shirt feel. It's quite rough, definitely not as good as Cotton Collective or King of Cotton...

I went from a £10 asda duvet to a £70 pure wool duvet.
With the cheap one I would sweat in the summer and be cold in the winter and have to put covers on top.
With the wool duvet at a 6 tog, for the last 2 years that I've had it. It is brilliant at regulating temperature.
No more sweaty summers and cold winters. (y)
Do you have the same 6 tog on all year round?

I have a Fogarty duvet (had for over 10 years!) that is a dual one, so about 4 or 5 in the summer but then I can change up to a 8 for Spring / Autumn and clip them both together for winter - although we have never needed both together. But in recent weeks, even the 4/5 tog has been too much - and that's after the heatwave.

I am happy to pay the money if it's good but if it's not a massive improvement...

Do you have the same 6 tog on all year round?

I have a Fogarty duvet (had for over 10 years!) that is a dual one, so about 4 or 5 in the summer but then I can change up to a 8 for Spring / Autumn and clip them both together for winter - although we have never needed both together. But in recent weeks, even the 4/5 tog has been too much - and that's after the heatwave.

I am happy to pay the money if it's good but if it's not a massive improvement...
Yes 6 tog, summer and winter. It's perfect for me.

Well my current rotation is the Cotton Collective, Feather and Black, Hotel Collection from 2016, and King of Cotton. As previously posted the Dusk sheet didn't feel that great after a few washes.

I have taken advantage of a few sales and have sets or fitted sheets from King of Cotton, Linenbundle, and Ocoza coming.

King of Cotton Egyptian 400 thread Percale
Linenbundle 270 thread Percale
Ocoza 180 thread Percale

I also used my King of Cotton Egyptian cotton Waffle blanket without a sheet. Very cosy...

Last edited:
Well my current rotation is the Cotton Collective, Feather and Black, Hotel Collection from 2016, and King of Cotton. As previously posted the Dusk sheet didn't feel that great after a few washes.

I have taken advantage of a few sales and have sets or fitted sheets from King of Cotton, Linenbundle, and Ocoza coming.

King of Cotton Egyptian 400 thread Percale
Linenbundle 270 thread Percale
Ocoza 180 thread Percale

I also used my King of Cotton Egyptian cotton Waffle blanket without a sheet. Very cosy...
Oh few months ago I bought a Hampton and Astley and a Lands End Supima sheets.

Back
Top Bottom